Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by linnealand View Post
    i kind of have some mixed feelings about this. i'm naturally pretty pale (i'm half swedish, and that's what swedish people are).

i think there's a slight difference between looking pale and healthy or looking pale and unhealthy, which turns into a gray, washed out kind of pale. only you know which one you are these days.

while everybody knows that i lot of sun can be bad for your skin, a little dose of daily sunshine can be good for it. sunshine is also very important for your mood, creating vitamins (like vitamin D), and as a result, for your whole body and overall health. 15 minutes under the sun is recommended as a daily minimum. you should still wear some form of sunscreen everyday.

the following is from a wikipedia article on vitamin D. you can find the whole thing by following this link: Vitamin D - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Vitamin D deficiency can result from inadequate intake coupled with inadequate sunlight exposure... Deficiency results in impaired bone mineralization, and leads to bone softening diseases, rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults, and possibly contributes to osteoporosis."

you can also scroll down to "health benefits" on this page on sun tanning: Sun tanning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as for makeup, i don't think you have to wear a colored foundation. if you want to put on something that will brighten your skin tone, just try a little blush.
    I don't think she would ask this question if she could get a tan. I can stay hours under the sun and still don't get a real tan. Sounds weird, I know, but it's a fact. Yet, I'm brunette. My skin simply burns and doesn't tan or only tans slightly. Hours and hours is not worth for a slight tan that will fade within a couple of weeks.

YES, we all need sun on a daily basis mainly for vitamin D, but this is not the topic here.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AWess View Post
    I don't think she would ask this question if she could get a tan. I can stay hours under the sun and still don't get a real tan. Sounds weird, I know, but it's a fact. Yet, I'm brunette. My skin simply burns and doesn't tan or only tans slightly. Hours and hours is not worth for a slight tan that will fade within a couple of weeks.

YES, we all need sun on a daily basis mainly for vitamin D, but this is not the topic here.
    Getting in your daily allotment of sunshine has nothing to do with trying to get as tan as you can. Half of my ancestry comes from right beneath the arctic circle; trust me, I know pale. :) I can also get a nice tan, but that's not the point. Anyway, some people just say a lot of stupid things. When I'm in the south of italy, where a lot of people have naturally beautiful, tanned skin, even after a month of lying on the beaches, I can't tell you how many people have asked me if I'm not going to the sea. That happens when I think I'm as dark as coffee. Your heritage does have to do with what your skin will do.

Healthy looking skin is attractive, no matter what shade it is. So in answer to the question, yes, pale skin can most certainly be beautiful. And being just sun-kissed, whether you are pale nor not, is a good thing.
    chsracowgirl182 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 01:20 PM

I wouldn't think so, if its mixed with CONFIDENCE. It looks good on people
    emberandashes Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 05:51 PM

I personally am more attracted to pale people.
    NItEMArE129 Posts: 222, Reputation: 29

Nov 10, 2008, 03:16 PM

Depends on the guy. And the girl. Hah ayou can't really say
    JustDarkness Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 11:34 AM
    This is a good question.
    But in the end it all depends on what kind of guys you want to be attracted to you?
    Im hugly attracted to pale skin girls, but that's because I like dark mysterious pale girls, Im goth so that's probably why.

But if your after the muscly tanned guys, then yes it would be a turn off.

Its all about the culture your into.
    Emo/goth always use mak-up to look more pale.

But other girls use more tanned colour make-up.

And like a lot of people have been saing, Guys only look at the body, this is true but even then not all guys like big boobs and a fat .

I like a girl with a flatter chest.

Strange? Yes but that's how I roll.

Everyone's different in the end and has his or hers own opinion on what there turn offs and turn ons are.
    MrInteresting Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 10:13 AM
    No. Pale Girl is happening.

May 23, 2009, 10:25 AM
    OK, got the gist of this questmachine. NO, if you ask me being a pale girl is a sweetness of being. I don't know how to tell you. Being afraid of being atractive is the curse. Pale is under the moonshadow.

No, never doubt your beauty, because I don't.

YouTube - Mike Oldfield - Moonlight shadow

May 23, 2009, 10:40 AM
    So, I think the definitive answer is NO IT IS NOT A TURN OFF. It is sweeter to have asked the question.

Happenstance... YouTube - J'taime...

May 23, 2009, 10:42 AM
    So sweet. Here is the original answer to your question.

YouTube - Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg - Je t'aime moi non plus

May 23, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Etcetera...

YouTube - FOOT 2008 (REMI GAILLARD)

You tell me...
    WATT Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 11:57 AM
    I don't really care if some one is pale or not. Actually I don't like dark tanned girls. I also hate makeup on a girl's face. Natural is much more beautiful!
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 7, 2009, 04:01 PM

Hey, just being a "girl" gives u a big thumbs up from me ;)
    tjmhurley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 07:40 AM
    I find very pale girls the most attractive over any other skin type. Top it off with some red, blonde, or jet back hair, blue or green eyes and that is perfection.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 10:28 AM

What amazes me is that people with darker skin trying to get lighter Skin Lightening - Ask Me Help Desk
    And people with lighter skin trying to get darker.
    Nobody is happy where they are.
    shelbybelle13 Posts: 27, Reputation: -2

Jul 24, 2009, 10:42 AM

Well sometimes younger guys just like being jerks.. and think about there are very pretty models out there and some of them are pale... so just remind them of that next time.. and there only saying because they like you.. there was this one guy at school that made fun of me for being pale and turns out that he really really liked me...
    brittie_xoxo Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 05:32 PM
    I usually get a lot of cute guys and I have pale skin. When they touch my skin they find out it's a lot more softer than tanned skin. & guys like REALLY soft skin. Embrace your beautiful tan skin and use my secret of baby lotion than regular lotion. ;)
    brittie_xoxo Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 05:33 PM
    I meant pale not tan lol
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 10:46 PM

Just be happy with who you are.

There is someone for every pale, dark, tall, short, skinny, chunky, and (every other adjective) girl out there, just hold your head up high, and you'll find someone soon.

PS: Another dead thread... :confused::rolleyes:
    joe24 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 09:51 PM

Well, I'm a guy here, and I think a girl is attractive by personality, I know there may not be a lot of guys like that out there, but don't give up. If the guy does not like you for who you are, why date them,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Big guys and dating [ 7 Answers ]

I am a big guy and I need some advice. I really like this girl. She has a great personality and that is what I love abot her. I wan't to ask her out. The ptoblem is she is a lot smaller than me ( shorter and thinner) and I am afraid that she will rejec me because of my size.

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

What do guys do when they like a girl? [ 4 Answers ]

I have worked with this guy on and off for almost a year and now he has started his own business and is not local anymore. This scares me but I could make the long distance thing work for the right person. Either way I know guys don't talk back and forth with girls unless they are interested in...

Two guys, one girl [ 2 Answers ]

How do I choose between two guys, when I'm dating one, but he's being stupid, and the other is awsome but is my boyfriends best friend? :confused:

Skinny Girl... Big Guys! [ 5 Answers ]

My friend, Jake, is big and "I luv big guys" it's something that runs on in my family the "Girls luv big guys" I only like them because I feel safe when they hug me and they're always warm.. but I'm skinny but I'm about average I'm not too... skinny but... Is it not normal for a skinny girl to...

View more questions Search