Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    P2PGURU4U Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2005, 05:13 PM
    300gb Sata Hd Crash!! Please God Help Me
    I have a 300GB SATA hard drive that I have about 150 GB worth of data on. It is not my primary drive, I am running xp pro on a SATA 75GB raptor. Today while trying to access some files on the 300gb drive a folder suddenly showed empty. It didn't make any sense and quickly thereafter my computer froze up. I rebooted and now my computer takes about 10 minutes to load windows and log in (it used to do it in about 20 secs.) now I cannot access the 300gb drive at all and when I try my comp freezes. I have run full virus scans and adware scans and nothing has shown. Please help I cannot afford to loose the data I have on that 300GB drive!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2005, 05:20 PM
    Slave the HD on another PC to see if you can directory it. If yes then copy the data to the Master.

Edit: it kind of sounds like you may have had a registry corruption.
    P2PGURU4U Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2005, 06:30 PM
    Yeah I guess that was my first idea but my problem is that I don't have another HD that is anywhere close to being large enough to copy 150 GB worth of data to. I am in the process of reformatting and reinstalling XP on my main drive in the hopes that a fresh registry and 100% clean OS will fix the problem. I am just praying that the my 300GB HD isn't corrupted beyond recovery. Note I tried running chkdsk and all it did was say that the disk was unreadable and that there was not enough space to "hotfix any sectors"..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sata problems [ 6 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer system: sapphire pure crossfire advantage mobo AMD athlon 3800+ skt939 radeon X850XT PE Maxtor 250gb sata hdd The problem I am having is that I can't install windows onto the sats hdd. When I get to the windows XP install screen it says that "windows cannot be...

Hdd crash [ 3 Answers ]

Hi pals One of my hdd has crashed .so is that all the data in the hdd is lost? How can we retrive any important info from tat ? Is there any thing we can do? Is the hdd completely gone or can any one repair it?

Crash [ 10 Answers ]

problem of my computer is it just stops in the middle of when I am doing something and the blue screen comes up with the notice and this is not the first time it happens frequently , the message is like this :Help me please A problem as been detected and window has been shut down to prevent...

Sata Raid [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Looking for a laymans explanation of SATA RAID and why it would be good to have in a Hi end DAW PC. Thanks Stu

View more questions Search