Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldthroat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2004, 11:05 AM
    Setting Default email service
    I am using Fast Mail as my main email service and would like to know how to set it as my default email. When I go to tools, internet opitions, programs it does not list fast mail as an opition.

Would appreciate any advise.
    Dreamboat Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2004, 12:05 AM
    Re: Setting Default email service
    I'm assuming it's either a web-access email account (like Yahoo is) or it's some type of shareware. It wouldn't surprise me if either of those were not available in IE's dropdown. They would have to be designed to integrate, which of course the *big guys* would do, but others probably would not. I suggest using a different email service if that's possible. If Fast Mail has Pop3 capability, though, then use Outlook Express and set Fast Mail up for Pop3.
    Moose1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2004, 01:44 AM
    New question on this subject.

When I want to send a weblink/-page in WinXP from IE, automatically my hotmail account will open in IE. I have however set the settings to use Outlook Express as the mailhandler. This problem also occurs when I try to mail an attachment from the "normal" explorer. Are there other settings to be changed?
    Moose1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2004, 09:07 AM
    I found it out myself, so this is for future reference: in the "add or remove programs" function, you can change the progran access defaults. By making the right choice for email and webbrowser, the task of sending a weblink is back to where you (I... ) wanted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I live in New York state, I had a default judgement placed against me because I didn't answer to an attorney letter, I feel I was not served properly, I want to try to get the default judgement set aside. I've been told to file a request for judicial intervention and a motion, well I found the form...

Default on car loan [ 6 Answers ]

I am facing a serious situation.I had a car loan and then I gat into an accident.It was a hit and run and the police never found the people that hit me.Unfortunelty right before that, because of serious financial problems, I couldn t make my insurance payments.Now I received a call from a lawyer...

Microphone is muted by default [ 1 Answers ]

HI GUYS, All of a sudden , I am unable to use my microphone as there is no sound recorded through when I try with sound recorder.onchecking I found that in the recording control -properties,microphone is muted by default ,I am unable to deselect the checkbox there. I am unable to...

Default email account settings [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I use Outlook 2003 and have 3 pop email accounts. A, B & C. A being the default. When I send emails it sends from C regardless if I use A or B as the default. Is there some setting I require adjusting..

Two default directories made on DOS [ 1 Answers ]

Whenver we make a dir in DOS , there are two directories created by default with the name . And .. What does this signify?? Is it related to.. in cd.. Please Help

View more questions Search