Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    humoryou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Microtek slimscan C6 USB connection issue
    I have a Microtek SlimScan C6 USB which is unable to communicate with a Windows XP machine. I downloaded the installer from Microtek (the same one on all the driver sites). When I run the installer I am given 2 port choices 1) Parallel and 2) SCSI. Since the scanner is USB when the installer finishes and attempts to communicate with the scanner it cannot find it when I choose either of the two choices offered. There is not a choice for USB even after the installer is run even though the site lists the USB model as one of the options for the scanner.
    Has any one worked with this scanner? Had a similar issue? Have an installer that can communicate through the USB port?
    Thanks loads in advance. :confused:
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 12:37 PM
    old post, oh well...

I have a ScanMaker X6 which uses the same ScanWizard 2.60 software as your scanner I believe. Installation in XP was problematic...

If I recall correctly, you had to plug scanner in, turn on, and manually install the driver when scanner was detected from the Windows 2000 folder in the scanner software folder tree (or the driver may have been one built into Windows XP). Then run the installer and choose SCSI (quasi SCSI-USB converter built into driver).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a Zydas 1211b USB adapter with a USB Extension cord. [ 12 Answers ]

I just bought a Zydas 1211B USB WiFi adapter,but it came with no cord.It works fine when plugged directly into my laptop,but when I plug it into a 5ft usb extension cord Windows recognizes it,but I can pick up no signals that I normally can.Occasionally Windows acts reluctant to recognize it,any...

Connection issue [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3com router and I can get a strong wireless connection from my PC to my labtop, but I can't get on the internet. Is there something else I can do?

Changing USB connection to ethernet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a belkin wireless G router which doesn't work with my ntl broadband it got something to do with changing the USB connetion to ethernet can someone tell me how Please! Thank you

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

USB connection? [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me how to install USB connection in my computer (which is rather old). Thanks:confused:

View more questions Search