Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tyler_Durden Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2005, 02:41 PM
    Websites as Seen on TV
    How many people log onto a website they see flash across their screen during a TV show, movie, live newscast, etc. Not including website commercials, just random sites you see during a program.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2005, 02:46 PM
    I am convinced probably millions... assuming the product or service advertised is a good one.

Webmasters not prepared for a television or radio advertisement will often find their sites unaccessable due to the volume of visitors after the ad.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2005, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden
    How many people log onto a website they see flash across their screen during a TV show, movie, live newscast, etc. Not including website commercials, just random sites you see during a program.
    I doubt if anyone has specific stats on that. It would be very hard to tell how a visitor learned the URL since most people would not log on during the show. However, it is clear that listing URLs in other media is very important to companies. Lots of people do visit company's sites as a result of seeing the URl in other media. I know I do.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2005, 06:12 AM
    Websites
    Hi,
    Probably no way to tell for sure...
    But, advertising on TV costs money, as you know.
    I am sure there are those who do visit these websites, just out of curiousity, if nothing else.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

Jan 11, 2006, 09:03 PM
    I visit those websites... 1 out of 3
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2006, 04:04 AM
    Tablemate
    Yes, I see the thread's old... but this seems the perfect place to share this:

I've seen the Tablemate II ad on TV this week. I want one!

So I checked out their site.

They advertise "buy 2, get one free"

1. The Price(s):

Buy 1: $29.95 + Shipping $9.95 = $39.90
    Buy 3: $59.90 + shipping $29.85 = $89.75

A nasty trick. This should be illegal!

I went through the checkout process and see that they actually hide the total from you until you check "checkout".

... and no phone number on the site. I even googled for it (the phone number from the ad, which I did not remember) and found it nowhere.

2. Anyway, Wal-Mart carries it for $27.88; free shipping.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 04:38 AM
    If I see a websit flash up on screen, I don't automatically logo to check it out.

I would only ever do that if it was a product or service I needed and thught they could help me.

But I agree it would be extremey difficult to determine if the V advertisement was the reason for someone visiting a website. Word of mouth & stumbling across them through search engines is pretty much the way I do it. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see images on some websites [ 4 Answers ]

I get a cross instead of a picture or banner on some sites. Can anybody please advise. Thanks. Jim.

Blocking Websites [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way, on Internet Explorer, or Firefox, to block websites? I am sick of being embarrassed because my IP log count is so high on people's blogs that I no longer have contact with, due to differences. I think there is, but I can't seem to find it, only an option in which to tag sites so...

Any fun or interesting websites? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, I was wondering if any one knew of any cool, fun or interesting websites? All suggestions appreciated :)

Blocking Websites [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to stop anybody that goes on my computer from accessing www.kazza.com Or from accessing Yahoo messenger??

View more questions Search