Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teresaacorley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 02:26 AM
    old sewing machine
    I have an old black electric sewing machine in wooden cabinet with the brandname UNIVERSAL (made in Japan). I do not know how old it is but would like to know how to find a manual for it and also an estimate of the value. I have been unable to find any info on this brand anywhere. Please help
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Have you tried the following search? UNIVERSAL Sewing Machine Instruction Manual - Google Search You might find some information helpful to you on the search.

I don't know about the value of it.
    fireftnchick Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2007, 03:30 AM
    Japanese sewing machines used a lot of diiferent American names. The JA number under the machine is the real thing to tell who made it. There is a Yahoo group vintagejapanesesewing machines that have information, generic manuals and great people who may be able to help you.

As far as value, Japanese machines are solid, well built machines. Unfortunately, they do not hold their value and collectors usually rate them at about $25 or lower depending on condition and what is included. There are other buyers looking for an inexpensive, decent machine that may pay a little more. (their child is starting to sew, they want to learn to sew without a large, expensive investment in the beginning, etc... )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a singer model 457 I can not get the needle to pick up bobbin thread

Antique sewing machine [ 5 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not. I have an old(? ) treadle sewing machine in a fold-away wooden cabinet. It is a "Beaver" sewing machine and I have not been able to find any information on it at all. Can anyone help me with finding out how much it is worth, or where to...

Adler Sewing machine [ 1 Answers ]

I was given an old adler sewing machine. I can't find anywhere on it but I typed in antique sewing machines in a search engine and it pulled up a picture of the one I have.. is there anywhere that I can go and look and find out if it is worth anything..

Domestic sewing machine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a domestic sewing machine . The numbers on the needle bar is 1858 40 . This is a treadle sewing machine. I am not interested in selling it but would like to know the year it was made. If anyone could help that would be great!! Thank-you in advance.

View more questions Search