Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamritesh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Cd protection
    I have written 100 c++ programs and I want to save them all including a turbo c++ software in a cd. Can you help me in making this cd copy protected which my friends could use but could not make copy of my cd or save the contents of my cd onto their computers.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 03:43 AM
    So what you are saying is that you want you CD to be read-only?

Sep 10, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Yes, exactly. I want the cd to be read only.. i.e others can view the contents but cannot retrieve them...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 10, 2007, 06:38 AM
    All they would need to do is copy the files to their hard drives.

Sep 15, 2007, 09:05 PM
    I am not able to understand wt you guys are suggesting... I thought previously that this website helps to solve any kind of problems.. but now I know that like the other sites this one is also only for chatting and dating and no help should be expected from the help desk... can anyone prooove me wrong?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamritesh
    i am not able to understand wt u guys are suggesting...i thought previously that this website helps to solve any kind of problems..but now i know that like the other sites this one is also only for chatting and dating and no help should be expected from the help desk....can anyone prooove me wrong?
    You can prove yourself wrong, by looking at the many questions where people have asked questions and gotten helpful answers. Also, there is no dating going on here, but there is some chatting.

But you are missing the point. There is no way for you to make a CD that will allow people to run your programs, but not copy them. You could prevent them from copying the entire CD, but such software isn't cheap. You could write into your programs some sort of scheme to disable the program, if not run from a CD. But that doesn't prevent copying the CD itself.

The difficulty into copy protecting software is one of the prime reasons shareware came into being.

Sep 18, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Thanks scotgem for the giudance... I now know that I am not going to bring out any such cd... well I thought previously that as the technology has advanced so much there must be some way of doing it... sorry for bothering you guys... thanx anyway...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The PILL (Protection or not) [ 4 Answers ]

How long until you are protected from Pregnancy when taking the pill? I was on the pill for about a year but then my fiancé went away to work. I stopped taking the pill for four months while he was gone away but he is going to be home soon. I am estimating that I will be on the pill for 5-6 days...

Paternal Protection? [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any laws in place to protect a father who is doing all that is required of him regarding paternity (child support, daycare, travelling state-to-state for visitation, she's covered under my insurance) and is getting nothing but evil in return? The mother and I have never been married,...

Asset Protection [ 2 Answers ]

I am probably going to be sued in the near future because of an auto accident which was my fault. I had no insurance and it was a rental car. Is there any way to protect my assets? I have a savings account but it is for my retirement...

Protection [ 4 Answers ]

Can I protect folders?

View more questions Search