Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Sep 13, 2005, 12:14 PM
    Outlook 2003
    A friend of mine has this problem with Outlook 2003,which is part of Microsoft Office 2003.I've had a look,but after a hard day at work,my brain is stuck in neutral.The program itself is fully up to date.Everytime it's closed,it will not open until it is removed and reinstalled onto his PC,which uses XP,with SP2.He also uses Zone Alarm Pro as his firewall,and (silly lad,he still won't listen),Norton Anti-virus.Any ideas? :eek:

* Sorry,I think this should have gone in software,or apps,etc,but I was tired when I posted this :o
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 15, 2005, 04:01 AM
    Have you done a spyware scan, antivirus scan, SFC scan and a Outlook Detect and repair? Worth doing but might not be the problem here.

It could be to do with a corrupt profile. It's not remembering the settings when you install it.

To test this, create a new user with admin rights and install again when logged into this profile. If it works you might want to use this profile instead of the other one, but all the documents and some of the other installed programs will need to be moved/re-installed respectively.

Oh and just to be safe - do a backup first.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax question for H1B and EAD for 2005 [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I was on EAD from 2/1/2005 onwards. My H1B approval dates are from 12/2/2005 to 11/30/2008. 1. For tax purposes for 2005, what kind of forms do I fill. 2. Am I still eligible for the India treaty? (My first date of entry to US was fall 2001 on F1 status). 3. My employer withheld Social...

F1 - H1 for 2005 [ 14 Answers ]

Atlanta Tax expert, I read your earlier posts about this topic for last years taxes. Esp this one... -------------------------------------------- Kmalhotra: That is correct. If your H-1 started in Oct 2004, you do NOT meet the Substantial Presence Test and therefore are not dual status....

Cpt + opt for 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

I worked on CPT from May-AUG 2005 and on OPT AUG 2005 to OCT 2005 for my first employeer. And from OCT 2005 to DEC 2005 for my second employer. So I have 2 W-2 forms with federal tax witholding.Since I am an indian citizen Should I get full federal refund. Or is there any deduction from my federal...

Bankruptcy law changes on Oct. 1, 2005 [ 2 Answers ]

For those of you who have a large amount of debt. That your having a hard time paying down or off the new bankruptcy law will make that impossible if you decide to file after Oct. 1. Do a Google search on the new law and one of the biggest parts of it states that IF YOU HAVE A JOB then you have the...

Nis 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys Please help me I have recently installed Norton Internet Security 2005. I have created a situation whereby I am still the administrator but have changed my name to dad. This now means I can't log off as dad and log back on as administrator. I have tried creating a new windows account...

View more questions Search