Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karma Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Sep 13, 2005, 11:54 AM
    Sex during Pregnancy
    I was told during my last pregnancy that I shouldn't have sex. I ended up having a miscarriage and they told me that having sex was probably a reason. How long should I wait before I can have sex again? I am only a month along, but that's how far I was last time. If we take it easy, is that safe? Or should we wait until after the first trimester?
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Sep 13, 2005, 01:28 PM
    ? High Risk
    Most physicians request High Risk pregnancies to abstain from sex, rec'v your MD's approval because I do not know your medical history. In normal cases sex is permitted; however, in High Risk situations, it must be avoided. The mind may say, we will take it slow and easy; however, in the midst of passion what was previously thought is not carried through. That is the danger with fire, it spreads out of control, it can not be contained. If this pregnancy means anything to you, suggest alternate means of relief for your beloved. Sex is an activity generated in the mind; therefore, redirect this energy... connect on a deeper intimate level, which does not solely depend on the physical manifestation of intercourse. Courtship... holding hands, gazing into the soul (eyes are the window to the soul); communication... head & shoulder exploration, the art of touch and playful nibbling. You may not be able to engage in sexual intercourse during this pregnancy; however, you are more sensually creative than you may think. Your beloved will enjoy this creative side, as long as, you do not loose confidence. Think about it for a moment, the chase is more exciting than the actual catch. You can keep him interested, satisfied, and content on waiting if you guard your words and attitude. Stay loving or become loving if this was not your previous position. Do not risk your pregnancy engaging in premature sex. The wait can be a wonderful experience if neither of you loose focus, forgetting what is at stake. There are several ways to approach this time, maximize it... let the goal birth a closeness in your relationship... see that as the end goal versus inability to have intercourse. That would be quite superficial in light of the whole picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy... when can I tell? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband are wanting to have a baby. I have already had my period for last month... but haven't got it for this month.I donno when I will get it,normally get it near the end of the month.I just got off ortho evera,about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I was wondering when will I be able to take a test...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, tell me what you think... the company I work for has an outside third party company that handles payroll and insurance. Our open enrollment is in January and July. In January we got a new company and after reviewing the benefits and the premiums I agreed. In February I found out that I was...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a probability question. I had sex with my girlfriend for the first time Aug 30. I inserted my penis 5 times before the condom broke. I did not ejaculate sperm into her but I know pre "***" can cause pregnancy. So what are the chances of her getting pregnant and what should I do.

Pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

I have been having sex with my boyfriend for 2 in half years without no condom, how come I have never gotten pregnant? I don't have nothing wrong with me? Its not genetic through my family?

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old, and have some problem. I have my period at 3rd June and having unprotected sex at 11th June. Expecting pregnant but period come again on 29thjune . Never happened having period twice in a month. I am so confusing.. after that when we have sex again my vagina is bleeding . My...

View more questions Search