Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carebear-22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Vaginal bumps
    I been having one bump on the out side of my vagina and it hurts for me to touch it but its only that one and it just keeps coming and going I have just have a pap smar 6 months ago and one year before that and all is normal what can this be? :confused:
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Sep 6, 2007, 06:14 PM
    It could be quite a few things, from a pimple to an ingrown hair or a cyst, maybe even genital warts. You can use a hot compress to ease discomfort and put neosporin on it to cut down the possibility of infection. If it pops check it for the possibility of a curled hair inside (if possible). Sounds pretty harmless but the best thing is to go to the doctor and have him/her take a look to be sure.
    LGARNER Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear-22
    i been having one bump on the out side of my vagina and it hurts for me to touch it but its only that one and it just keeps coming and going i have just have a pap smar 6 months ago and one year before that and all is normal what cna this be ??:confused:
    A pap smear is does not detect every kind of vaginal/uterine/cervical abnormality. My advice is to have doc look at it before it goes away again.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 6, 2007, 06:30 PM
    A pap smear is used only for the cervix, not for the labia (vaginal lips). This could be quite a number of things really, but to get a proper diagnosis you must see your physician.
    carebear-22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Thank u I will make a app tommarow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal bumps [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: I have some vaginal bumps that I noticed the other day. They are spread throughout the vaginal area, none inside that I know of. They do itch somewhat, but I think that is because they are irritated. I am sexually active and didn't notice them till after intercourse one night with my...

Vaginal bumps [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I received oral sex about 2 months ago and I shaved about 2 weeks ago and these bumps started to appear could it be herpes or just regular razor bumps the bumps don't itch or aren't painful they are the color of my skin and they don't blister or anything my a part of my vagina is very...

Vaginal bumps [ 2 Answers ]

Over the past week I have notice a small bump on the outside lip of my vagina. It doesn't hurt but has gotten larger. It almost looks like a deposit of some kind of build up. It is the same color as my skin. I thought it could be a pimple but whem I squeeze there is nothing or no way for anything...

Vaginal bumps [ 1 Answers ]

I had intercourse with my husband recently, and at the time I was very dry and a little irritated because I was also pms. The next morning I awoke with a small bump on the lip of my vagina. This happened once before but it did go away on its own. In the very same spot. It has been four days now and...

Vaginal Bumps [ 2 Answers ]

I recently started birth control and it caused me to have my period for an extended period of about 3-weeks, during this time I went on a trip to Mexico. I was in a wet swimsuit every day for 7 days in a row, so when I returned I didn't think anything about it when I began to notice a few small...

View more questions Search