Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpmeplease22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2005, 10:33 AM
    Need Help ASAP on statistics
    I have to complete a problem by this Thursday and need help.

Here is the problem:

Con Vincer, the Laboratory manager, is sitting in his office studying the figures for Laboratory A for the last few years. He notes that having started with 240 scientists in post in Laboratory A there has recently been a monthly relocation of 20 scientists every month to another state facility. This month the aim of the relocation has been reached and there is now the planned final number of 40 scientists in post in Laboratory A. To help Con understand the figures:

* Plot the number of scientists in Laboratory A (counts) against time
    * Plot the rate at which scientists are relocated against time
    * Plot the monthly percentage change of counts against time

Using the plots you have prepared, and other examples of data presentation if you wish to illustrate your answer, comment on the effect different methods of presenting data have on the viewer's immediate impression of the presentation. Your answer should not be more than 250 words.

One of the state politicians is querying the productivity of the laboratory and the funding which Con is requesting from the state in order to run Laboratory A. How would you suggest Con presents the data which covers the last few years that he has available to justify his funding requests and defend the drop in productivity of Laboratory A?

NEED HELP WITH THE LAST QUESTION..

How would I explain this or go about it. Someone please help me.
    joseph2000 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2005, 06:04 AM
    You can use a trend analysis using the previous figure. You can do this using the ms excel add analysis tool pak. Just do a simple linear regression curve and you can predict the given time or number.

Joseph
    gogosean Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

May 7, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpmeplease22
    i have to complete a problem by this thursday and need help.

here is the problem:

Con Vincer, the Laboratory manager, is sitting in his office studying the figures for Laboratory A for the last few years. He notes that having started with 240 scientists in post in Laboratory A there has recently been a monthly relocation of 20 scientists every month to another state facility. This month the aim of the relocation has been reached and there is now the planned final number of 40 scientists in post in Laboratory A. To help Con understand the figures:

* Plot the number of scientists in Laboratory A (counts) against time
    * Plot the rate at which scientists are relocated against time
    * Plot the monthly percentage change of counts against time

Using the plots you have prepared, and other examples of data presentation if you wish to illustrate your answer, comment on the effect different methods of presenting data have on the viewer's immediate impression of the presentation. Your answer should not be more than 250 words.

One of the state politicians is querying the productivity of the laboratory and the funding which Con is requesting from the state in order to run Laboratory A. How would you suggest Con presents the data which covers the last few years that he has available to justify his funding requests and defend the drop in productivity of Laboratory A?

NEED HELP WITH THE LAST QUESTION..

how would i explain this or go about it. someone please help me.
    Use the method that justifies the drop in productivity. The charts using rates are the ones that would understate the loss of staff the most. Leaving you with the one chart to use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a study where I'm now focusing on 4 students. I'm trying to find the best way to interpret my data. If I calcuate the mean using their individual scores on the test (0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,4,6) I get a mean of 2.05 and a standard deviation of 1.73. I think this gives the...

Statistics [ 2 Answers ]

Chicken Delight claims that 90% of its orders are delivered within 10 minutes of the time the order is placed. A sample of 100 orders revealed that 82 were delivered within the promised time. At the 0.10 significance level, can we conclude that less than 90% of the orders are delivered in less...

Statistics [ 1 Answers ]

Having a problem with a question in stat class. Here it goes: a lab reports the mean of three(3) weighings. The mean is 123mg and the standard deviation is 0.08mg? What is the distribution of this mean? And what is the probability that the lab reports a weight of 124mg or higher? Any help would be...

View more questions Search