Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 6, 2007, 04:11 PM
    My husband and I were rear ended last month. I was 19 weeks pregnant and had to go to the hospital to get monitored. The car had little damage that the other guys insurance covered along with a rental car. We spent most of the weekend back and forth at the hospital because the baby wasn't moving and I had to get monitored and ultrasounds. As far as they know at the hospital, the baby looks to be fine. My question is, we missed work getting the car fixed and lost almost our entire weekend due to being at the hospital, not to mention the stress of not feeling the baby move for 48 hours. The insurance company of the guy that hit us has requested my medical bills from the hospital and they paid for the car to be fixed, but what about a settlement? Is this something that we need to request from his insurance company or will they offer us one? And if they do, do we negotiate and how much?

Sep 6, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Insurance companies used to offer settlements but now they prefer to remain silent for as long as possible. They will likely not offer a settlement until you have an attorney notify them that you are filing a suit. If I were you I would actually follow through and sue for whatever you lost from work and pain and mental anguish. I would not plan too much out until your baby is happily in your lap.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 6, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Double post

Sep 7, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Not sure what happened here but I answered someone's question. Now this thread looks like I asked and then asnwered my own question, not so. It even looks like I may have changed my gender, mom will be so mad.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 01:12 PM
    I'm glad everything is OK with the baby now.

Isn't your insurance company working on this in your behalf? The two claims adjusters should be settling things like medical bills as well as damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto Accident [ 6 Answers ]

My son got into a fenderbender a while back: he backed out of his parking spot at an apartment complex and tapped the car going by him. The car he hit sustained little damage... they weren't either one going very fast. I couldn't even see on our car where it contacted. The officer who showed up...

Please help: Auto accident [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, In 2005, I met with an accident while coming from work just one block after I put my car into the road. I had my two kids(ages 6 & 8) in the back of my SUV and they were fighting about the Harry Potter movie they had seen. I turned back for like a second to tell them to stop...

Auto accident [ 5 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident. The other driver was at fault, the problem is my insurance had ended in September and I didn't know it. I am worried that the insurance company of the other driver won't give me a fair settlement. My car was totaled. What can I do if they try to short me on a...

I was involved in a car accident last month, my car was totalled. It was not my fault, this lady cut in front of me. Her insurance paid for my car (Kelly blue book price) and also paid the registration of my new vehicle. I went to the doctor with a neck and thumb strain, also I had some burns...

:( I was in a auto accident 6 months ago. I was hit by a drunk driver on a motorcycle. He ran a stop sign, and was driving on a suspended licence. I was injured (fractured ankle and whiplash). My Land Rover was repaired, (although it cost over $23,000) is there a way to figure out how much I...

View more questions Search