Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ndmedley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Fireplace Blower won't shut off
    I have one of those fireplaces that turns on with the flip of a switch. I turned it on yesterday to see if it worked (just moved into the house) and now I can't get the blower to turn off. I have turned off the gas with the gas key, but the blower is still on. Anyone know how to turn the darn thing off?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Sep 9, 2007, 08:55 PM
    I'm guessing it's a self contained fireplace? (zero clearance)
    Below the glass area, at the bottom of the fireplace, there should be a louvered "grate" that flips down. This is usually where the blower is along with the blower control and the unit's gas valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ryobi Blower won't shut off [ 6 Answers ]

As the subjects suggests, my hand-held Ryobi Blower #ry08510 won't shut off when I press the kill switch or open the vacuum door. All connections appear to be in good order. Could I need a new coil unit? Thanks. Will

Blower does not shut off on 15 yr old Bryant heating unit [ 2 Answers ]

The blower on my 12-15 yr old Bryant keeps going ignoring the t-stat stetting. I taught it was the t-stat, I replaced it and it still does the same thing. About a year ago the board was replaced with a newer one that has a fuse (3 amps) And was told that with the fuse it would prevent it from...

Gas fireplace blower [ 1 Answers ]

How do I troubleshoot a new Kozy Heat gas fireplace blower that is not working?

Blower will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

The furnace is an electric intertherm.Last night the blower continued to run even though the heating elements had stopped and never did shut off.The only way to get it shut off is to turn off the breaker.The switch is set to auto on the fan.The furnace works fine,the blower for some reason has...

View more questions Search