Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I watched two people I love very much suffer and lose all quality of life and dignity for years until they passed away. I know neither of them, had they still been sane (neurological disorders on top of everything else) would not have wanted to exist that way. I wish for both of them there had been the option to end their life when they saw fit.

I think when people are terminal, or facing terminal illness their perspective changes too. My dad (who had hepatitis C and other complications related to it), when he found out the guy across the street was molesting children, came very close to marching over there and shooting the guy in the face. When we said he would go to jail for doing that, he said, "I'm already dead, what do they want with me?" Had he not had hep C, he never would have considered such actions.

I think we should have the right to decide when to die, and if medically assisted suicide is necessary in some of those cases, then I have no problem with that. I can't imagine living the way my dad and my aunt did; with no dignity, no sense, but still knowing you are a complete burden on your family. Maybe it's because I'm young and stupid, but I never want to put someone through that to keep me alive.

Hubby tells me if I sleep past noon he'll put me out of my misery, so I guess I'm safe! :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Heya X

How you been?

My quess is that IF'n when you get to the point that it is 'time' you will be too alzheimer-ed
    to remember you wanted to! So just hang in there!

sapph!~
    U.N.Owen Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2011, 02:57 PM
    I agree with you excon.
    An adult should be able to choose to exit on their own terms at any time.
    And of course to avoid being in a helpless and harsh state of living.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On suicide [ 3 Answers ]

Is it normal to from time to time think about death or suicide? With all the problems the world have, do people think and say" is not worth it, might as well get it over with"? I mean we all have our ups and downs

Suicide?! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm so depressed and I feel like no one will be able to help me. :( I so badly want to end my life but I don't know if I will end up killing myself or not. I AM SO CONFUSED!! :confused: Will I really end up actually killing myself or will I pull through?

Suicide [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, we are a group of students currently working on an important project, on suicide inducing lyrics. Our stand is that the suicide victims were already in a state of mental/emotional instability, and their death was not directly influenced by the lyrics. Would you be able to offer any...

Suicide [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: I just read about this poor 85 year old lady who has lost control over her own life. What an undignified way to go! I wouldn't want to end it that way - and I'm not going to. I'll decide when it's over. Tell me why I should end up crapping in my pants. Do you crap your pants? ...

Historical Teen Girls Movie- Suicide or Suicide Attempt? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie as a teen- about 10-15 years ago on Showtime or HBO. I think it took place around WWII, with a teenage girl that befriends a new girl at their school, which I think was an all-girls school. The girls meet with other girls (friends) from the school in the woods behind the...

View more questions Search