Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amd3164 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 05:11 AM
    About overtime pay
    I am a waitress. I was told due to gartuidy I due not get overtime pay. Is that wright? If so can I get a copy of law?
    SabbzR Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Go to your countries law website read up on the labour law. In south africa, I know you have to be full time employed and work a certain number of hours a month/week/day before you are due for overtime.

Hope this helps :)

Regards,
    Sebastien
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 6, 2007, 05:47 AM
    This depends on where you live. Laws vary, but I believe in the US, because you earn gratuities it may be right that you aren't eligible for OT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backpay for overtime [ 3 Answers ]

I was previously working as a cable technician/installer in Tennessee. The company is an employee based company but paid us on a piece rate basis according to the work performed. If we worked any hours over 40, the piece rates were not adjusted. Is there anyway I can recover back pay for the...

Salary and Overtime [ 3 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee for a non profit organization. I am a supervisor. I routinely work overtime and am on 24/7 call. I asked my employer about being compensated for all the overtime I work and was told that the contract I signed states that I am paid for 40 hours a week or how ever long it...

Overtime [ 3 Answers ]

The company I used to work for was on a bi-monthly payroll, which was the 1st -15th, and 16th - end of the month. My question is, I was paid for a consistent 106-108 hours every pay period (4hrs SU, 8hrs M-TH, 2 1/2 F, 7hrs Sat, *A couple times an extra 30min-1 1/2hr were put in a week) Many...

Employer owes overtime [ 5 Answers ]

My former employer never pays overtime. They are a small, family business who pays only cash for OT, as well as improper business practices as cash sales undeclared etc. My brother still is there and is owed years of correct OT- I told him to report them to IRS, and Labor but he knows he will be in...

401K Overtime [ 2 Answers ]

Just a query as to how a company with a 401K plan can manipulate the plan so that an hourly employee's contributions are limited to a 40 hour work week and overtime earnings are not considered or calculated into their contributions? This doesn't seem to be a fair practice to me. Anybody know of the...

View more questions Search