Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheraz04 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 01:16 AM
    Is there any Gui Based Program in Linux as Task Manager in Windows
    Hello

I'm new to Linux
    I'm getting problem in process handling
    Is there any GUI based program in Linux as Task Manager in Windows so that I can handle processs easily

Please assist me

Regards
    Sherry
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Why don't you use Ubuntu it has a nice GUI and I think it comes with a task manager or you can check the process running on your PC by using "ps -ef" command to check all running processes.
    sonicblue13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 03:57 PM
    In ubuntu under system>administartion>system monitor.. equal or better to windows task manager.. suse with kde has also task manager under system menu too..
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Mandrake has KDE too.
    allinone Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 01:20 PM
    In Mandriva press Ctrl+Esc and see what happen.
    kardiffinker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 09:19 AM
    I know this isn't exactly what you were asking for but to see the running processes you type
    Into terminal
    This brings up a list of the programs running and there PID's (process id's) in the far left.
    Along with other details such as cpu usage.
    Much in the same way that windows task manger would.
    You press ctrl+z to exit the top process.
    Then type kill (processidgoeshere)
    And that will end the process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Task manager [ 7 Answers ]

task manager Not opening, error message DISABLED BY ADMINISTRATOR< and I'm logged in as administrator and there is no such option to enable it... kindly reply fast

Task Manager [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having some problems ending processes in task manager. After choosing to end a process and answering 'yes' to the warning, the process does not end. As such I am also unable to uninstall the program as the process is running in the background. I have run virus scans and spyware...

Windows task manager [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, hope you can help. I'm not able to open task manager in any way like rt clicking on task bar, alt ctrl dele or ctrl shft esc, a message comes saying that its been disabled by administrator which is me. I only use the PC its XP home edition, how can it work again or be enabled? Thanks for help,...

Task Manager Help please [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I want to open task manager it says "task manager has been disabled by your administrator" can someone please tell me how to enable it? Thanks in advance :)

What is zJny.exe (DLL?) as that it is taking over my Windows Task Manager [ 1 Answers ]

What is zJny.exe (DLL?) as that it is taking over my Windows Task Manager and a window shows up while shutting down: "Unable to initialize zJny.DLL? Is this a virus, dialer, spyware, or what ever it is as that I need to get rid of it and can anyone explain how to do this. You can e-mail me at:...

View more questions Search