Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlwithinternet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2004, 06:45 PM
    My browser is being hijacked...
    Every time I open a browser window it changes to "Searchfrombrowser". I google'd it and I think it's part of NewDotNet but I can't find ANYTHING that will get rid of it.
    Any suggestions?
    Many thanks!
    GWI :-/
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Aug 18, 2004, 09:22 AM
    My browser is being hijacked...
    Browser hijacking can be very tough to get rid of but you must start with the following software which is available for free download on the internet: Giant AntiSpyware, CW Shredder and Hijack This.

Download them in normal mode, update each of them and then run them in safe mode for best results to remove the hijack. Hijack This takes a while to get the hang of but if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Giant AntiSpyware is available for free download at the link below. This product combined with the Spyware-Adware Removal Kit on the same site will provide a complete solution to your problem.
    joejoe831 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2004, 07:00 PM
    Re: My browser is being hijacked...
    go to this site http://www.spywareguide.com/txt_intro.php
    here they have a free spy ware and adware scan .
    they use X-Cleaner this will take out all spyware and addware out. And they have all infor on all spyware
    AudioCourses Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2004, 04:02 AM
    Spyware
    This may help you also:

Spyware Removal Tips

If you need help, drop me a line.
    prophecygirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Oct 30, 2004, 08:14 AM
    I'm having the same problems with newdotnet hijacking my browser, but I have adaware and spybot they cannot get rid of this newnet so I'm really stuck now any help would be great
    AudioCourses Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2004, 08:32 AM
    Hijack This
    If you read that article I posted you will notice a tool called HijackThis.

http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

Grab the latest version, then follow the instructions on the forums they suggest.

You will have to post the log that HijackThis creates and wait for a reply.

That will certainly find the problem.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2004, 07:23 PM
    This will prevent future hijacks of home pages
    Go to http://www.winpatrol.com and download the latest version which is 8.0 and install on your computer. Have read that Pest Patrol will eradicate home page hijackers but you have to purchase it. Have had winpatrol on my computer for 1 1\2 yrs. & this program lets you know immediately when something is trying to change your home page & asks if you want to do this. Great little program and is very small for the amount of headache it saves. Give it a try after you rid yourself of the current problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotmail Account Hijacked [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya All Got a horrible problem, cannot get into my hotmail.com address, Hotmail .co.uk is OK. Am I right in thinking I've been hijacked, and if so is there any way I can retrieve all the stuff I've got in that account? Done what I can think of. Ad-Aware, Spybot, scanned with AVG free, plus House...

Hijacked [ 4 Answers ]

My computer has been hijacked by something called internet optimizer. How do I get rid of it?

Internet Connection Hijacked [ 9 Answers ]

My internet connection has been hijacked. Every time I connect my username and dial up phone connection are changed. I reset them again and again but very I reconnect they are changed. I think something has hijacked my default settings and keeps restoring there own one. The number they put in...

Hijacked Home Page [ 3 Answers ]

My Home Page is continually hijacked. I have run all the latest updates for SpyBot and Adware6 (As of July, 31, 2004). They have removed an incredible amount of "junk" from my computer however I still get a homepage listed, res://gvwda.dll/index.html#44272. I have to enter "Tools" and manually...

Hijacked Browser [ 2 Answers ]

I got to this forum because I did a search for "DSO," which is what spybot said I have. I think I effectively removed it following all previous instructions. Thanks. But, my problem still remains... When ever I open IE browser it is hijacked to http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=1010 and I can't use the...

View more questions Search