Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timvid99 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 04:12 PM
    MN Home Owner Liability
    If a branch from a tree in my yard is blown off in a storm and lands into the neighbors yard, who is liable for cleanup?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Act of God. You can be a nice person and offer to help but usually the persons who's yard it lands in is responsible for the clean up.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Act of God. You can be a nice person and offer to help but usually the persons who's yard it lands in is responsible for the clean up.

Absolutely - at least in NY. Your homeowners pays for cleaning up your property and your neighbor's homeowners pays to clean up his/her property.

It's different if there was some prior notice that the tree was dangerous, in danger of falling.

However if you have to live next door to people maybe you can split the cost or assume all of it but that's a whole different issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sell home without co-owner [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in Florida and purchased a condo. With my aunt as a favor because her credit alone would not suffice. She was to reside in it and pay mortgage. The plan was for her to live there for 1 - 2 years and then we would sell. She only paid the first two months of the mortgage. I took over the payments...

Moble home repo on private property, not owned by moble home owner [ 3 Answers ]

I am the land owner of some property in Georgia, I let my Sister place her mobile home on this private property. The question is, does the repo company have the right to come on my property and destroy my trees, bust water lines, run over my shrubs etc, be rude and over barring without contacting...

Apartment Owner Liability After Fire [ 1 Answers ]

An apartment building (3 units) caught on fire next door to a house that I own. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined or may not be determined. The building collapsed and burned to the ground. There was extensive damage to my house, and it is considered a total loss. My house was...

Home owner [ 2 Answers ]

On a forced air heater, the blower fan does not stop running, after heat has turned off. What would cause this?

Want to be a home owner [ 4 Answers ]

Please I need an expert to answer this question.Me and my husband have a house together, but we are not getting along right now, I want to leave and separate from him, and get on my own, can I request that he take my name off the house or can he even do that? Because I want to buy a house of my...

View more questions Search