Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worriedteen Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Brown spotting before period while on the pill
    I have had some brown spotting for about a week and I had sex with my boyfriend about a month about a few days after my period ended. I have asked my friend and she says that I have some symptoms of being pregnant. I have been online for days looking up my symptoms,which are lower stomach cramps, brown spotting, feeling sick on and off through out the day getting worse at night. So someone please help me. I am only a 15 year old girl who is worried about her future:(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 01:56 PM
    <moved from Mental & Emotional Health to Child & Teen Health>
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 6, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Honey, that is not necessarily a sign of being pregnant. The problem with having sex at such a young age is that there is a lot to it! Before this type of activity, you should know about STDs, pregnancy, cycles, emotional health, etc.

Did you use protection OTHER THAN the pill? I'm asking because the pill can take a few months of proper use before it becomes effective. The brown spotting could just be "old blood" which is related to your cycle. It could also be something else, but your symptoms to me sound like a period. Any time you have sex (even with condoms or pills) you have a slight risk of becoming pregnant. Personally, I've been on the pill for 9 years... I occasionally have brown spotting like you described AND I got pregnant on the pill once. So, you must be as careful as possible.

Wait and see if you miss your next period. If you're a week late (not just a few days) take a urine test when you first get up in the morning.

Remember though, stress and/or diet changes can delay your period so try and relax.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 07:57 PM
    I would ask why a 15 year old would be on the pill, but I learned that some teen girls are put on the pill to help regulate their menstrual cycle, and to help tone down excessive blood loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red color pill reached but no period - Birth control Pill [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All, I am on Birth Control Pills (Lutera- 28 pack one) since past 4-5 months. My periods start when I reach the 4th week, i.e when the red color pills start. According to this, my red color pill dosage started yesterday (Sunday) but my periods did not. Am I worrying too much since its been...

Irregular period, spotting, brown discharge [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. I am 19 years old and have been getting irregular periods since the time I began mentruating (age 13). I went to see a gyno about a yr ago and she said it was due hormonal imbalances and should go away with age. She also told me to keep a diary of how long each of my cycles last. I get...

Brown spotting/period [ 3 Answers ]

Today, isn't a period day or anything, but I'm having a brown discharge, and I'm not sure why. About a week or so ago, I took the day after pill because my boyfriend and I's condom ripped. Is this a sign that it's working, that it's not working, or what? I'd really like to know what this means,...

Missed a pill... Now I'm spotting [ 9 Answers ]

I am very worried. This is my 3rd month on the pill (ortho tri-cyclen lo). I have never had spotting before, and I always take my pill at the same time every morning. However for the past week and a half I didn't take the pill at exactly the same time every morning, but I would at least in the same...

View more questions Search