Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srajanaca Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2005, 02:06 AM
    Cdrom
    My cdrom in windows98 SE platform is not reading the cdrw written in the winxp platform -using nero(another computer). But it is reading the cdr written in the same software. When I am accessing the cdrom to open cdrw - it is telling device is not ready. But as I said the cdr is opening in the same device. Please sort out my problem
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2005, 07:27 AM
    Nero
    Hi,
    I also use Win98SE, with Nero 5.5 Express; and love both of them.
    However, I do not use CDRW's; cause I accidentally erased one of them some time ago, before I copied some files back on my computer; dumb!
    But, I now use the CD-R's, cause I'm afraid I might do the same thing again by accident.
    Anyway, I have research hppt://www.nero.com; and did find some downloads that are specifically for the CDRW issue.
    If you will go to nero.com, you can click on "downloads", and possibly find the ones you need.
    It is a problem with reading the CDRW's.
    I wish I could be more help, but maybe this will put you on the right path.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cdrom [ 7 Answers ]

I just built a Computer with a Biostar M7ncd Ultra nforce2 socket A motherboard, and a new Sempron 3300 with 1 gig of memory, I can't get it to recognize or find my CDROM, at the startup screen when it searches, it shows up, and also in the BIOS< but when I get to windows it's not in explorer or my...

Cdrom atapi incompatible [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer over the Internet, and it looks like I can't get the cdrw to work. This is a bare bones type, so there is no OS. When I switch it on, the message Sec Master Drive - ATAPI incompatible appears. The HD & CDRW are on separate cables, so 2 masters are allowed, right? The...

View more questions Search