Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Sep 5, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Who is Jesus to you?
    Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? No trick, just want to discuss...
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 11:24 AM
    He is a wonderful being with cool shoes
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Jesus is my all in all
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Sep 5, 2007, 01:34 PM
    I'm not sure how to answer that effectively.

I've known who Jesus IS for many, many years.

Only in the last decade or so have I begun to KNOW JESUS.

There's a huge difference between the two, I think.

As for me, I'll try and explain my relationship to him as best I can.

TO ME, JESUS IS:

The best friend I've ever had, because he's not only loving, but he believes in tough love sometimes, and I always come out a better man for it.

The one who hears my prayers, and answers them. Not always the way I envision, but the best way nonetheless. See #1.

My defender against evil.

My provider, in good times and in lean times. I haven't starved yet.

Tender enough to gently stroke a child's cheek or hair, yet tough enough to tip tables, make whips, and one day, come back to earth with sword a'swingin'.

Someone who causes even Satan himself and all the forces of evil to tremble with fear, yet someone whom I have no cause to fear.

A masterful teacher, by word and by example.

A manly man. The first 30 years of his life were spent as a carpenter, and that's long before power tools! He could fish and live off the land, and that makes him a role model in that area.

Not afraid to cry.

Someone who wields enormous power, but only uses his power when it is just and right to so. Self discipline is knowing you CAN, but sometimes choosing NOT to when no good purpose would come from it.

The only acceptable substitute worthy to take on the sins of the whole world--past, present, and future--and wipe them clean for anyone who believes and calls upon him for forgivenes.

The one into whose hands I effectively drove nails into, because of my own selfish pride and sins, yet he forgives me anyway.

The only one I can truly trust and count on. People will let you down if you trust them enough. Me, you, our spouses, our best friends. We're all human, and we will all disappoint those we love. Rather than turn bitter from those times, they only serve to train my eyes more upon the one who will NEVER let me down or abuse my trust.

The one who freely offers me redemption and salvation and eternal life, which I humbly and tearfully accept, though I am as unworthy as they come.

The one whose spiritual lap I can crawl up in to and cry and be comforted and find rest and peace, before going back out into the battleground that is this world.

The one who sent me my wife and gave me my kids.

I'm sure there's more, because every day I learn more about him as our relationship unfolds. Like a stubborn child I ask too many questions and cry "foul!" too many times. But like a patient and loving father, he answers the questions and soothes the aches.

I love him, and want to be more like him. I'm failing miserably many days, but he won't give up on me.

He said so.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 01:49 PM
    My Lord, my Savior and my God.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 02:01 PM
    A beacon that can help people to help themselves
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Sep 5, 2007, 07:33 PM
    I can only repeat what Saint Thomas and Fr_Chuck said.

My Lord and My God. And of course, My Savior.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? no trick, just want to discuss...
    Jesus is God (John 1:1) manifest in the flesh (1 Tim 3:16), born of
    A virgin (Is 7:14), lived a perfect sinless life (Heb 4:15).
    He is from everlasting (Micah 5:2), the creator of all that exists
    (Col 1:16). He is God (John 1:1), one of the three persons of the
    Trinity (Is 48:16-17), who came to earth in order that he might give
    His life as a sacrifice to pay for the sins of all (Mark 10:45), that
    Whosoever would receive that free gift of salvation might not
    Perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16-17). Those who reject
    Him have condemned themselves (John 3:17) and are destined to
    An eternity in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15). No one has an excuse
    Because the truth of God is revealed to us all (Rom 1:20), and all
    Have sinned (Rom 3:23), thus are deserving of the penalty.
    He died on the cross (Luke 23:26), was buried and was resurrected
    On the third day (Mark 16:6) and after many days, rose up directly
    Into heaven (Acts 1:9-11)to sit at the right hand of the Father
    (1 Peter 3:22). He is the First and the Last, the Alpha and the
    Omega (Rev 1:8,11), and the one who will at the end be the judge
    Of all (2 Tim 4:1).

When the veil was ripped from the Holy of Holies (Matt 27:51), it
    Was symbolic of the fact that through Christ we no longer need a
    Human priest to intercede for us who sacrifices cannot take away
    Sins (Heb 10:11), for those who worship (Heb 1:6) Jesus as God
    (Heb 1:8), and receive Him and His sacrifice on the cross as
    Saviour are no longer condemned (John 3:17), but are a member of
    The priesthood of believers (1 Pet 2:5), over whom there is but one
    High Priest, Jesus Christ (Heb 8:1-2).

That is the Jesus whom I worship and follow.
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 20, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Jesus was just a man if he really existed, & I believe he did. He was not the son of God, not the christ, not a prophet. I doubt he really said most of the things the New Testament ascribes to him, & if he did then he was probably mentally unstable. Many men in modern times have claimed to be God & duped people into dying for them (e.g. Jim Jones, David Koresh, Marshal Applewhite). There were many others before Jesus who made this claim, & many after him. If Jesus really thought he was God then he was just another Jim Jones or David Koresh, & billions have been duped into believing it.
    speakez66 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    Jesus was just a man if he really existed, & I believe he did. He was not the son of God, not the christ, not a prophet. I doubt he really said most of the things the New Testament ascribes to him, & if he did then he was probably mentally unstable. Many men in modern times have claimed to be God & duped people into dying for them (e.g., Jim Jones, David Koresh, Marshal Applewhite). There were many others before Jesus who made this claim, & many after him. If Jesus really thought he was God then he was just another Jim Jones or David Koresh, & billions have been duped into believing it.

I don't know those you refer to koresh applewhite or the other many who claim to be christ. However we are still talking about Jesus 2000 years later.

In 2000 years will anyone know you ever existed deist?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 20, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Although so many people seem to think otherwise here,

Jesus is someone who loves you know matter what you do or have done.

And he looks at who you are, not what you are. For example:

Everyone has a chance to be in heaven whether you are a Christian.

He also is friendly, giving, fair, loyal and probably has the most friends in the world!
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 20, 2007, 04:00 PM
    To me, Jesus is this guy that lived around year 0. I don't really think he was anything special. He may have been a great guy, but that would be about it.
    If I were into the bible, and believing what it said, I still don't know that I would believe in the new testament. I mean, God sent his ONLY son to DIE, for what? To 'save us from our sins'? I've got a better idea... he could follow his own word, show love to the sons of jesus for a thousand generations, since he loved him, not cause suffering to someone who wasn't deserved of it... I know that the reasoning behind this is that he was the ultimate sacrifice, but this is god. He is the almighty. How about he just SAYS 'hey guys, no more sacrafices. I'll forgive you of your sins. Kbye.' And yes, I know that there would be lot sof skeptics saying that it wasn't really the word of god, and they would continue their sacrifices, but I'm pretty sure that would happen anyway with Jesus, and people not believe that he was the son of god.

So, to answer your question, I think Jesus was probably some really nice, good natured guy that lived a long time ago.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:14 PM
    What a beautiful question.

Jesus is love joy and peace. He is the Son of God. He is my heart, my saviour and my protector. When I listen, I can only smile and be happy, when I turn a deaf ear, seems only sadness appears.

He is our friend, our Saviour and our Light. And as Sgt Hardkore said so beautifully,

He loves all of us. No matter, who we are, what we look like, how many times we have fallen, he will always be there to help us up as long as we ask him.

He just fills my heart with such joy and love!

Thank you for asking this beautiful question.
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Sep 23, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. No one gets to the Father but through him (John 14:6).
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Sep 23, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    Although so many people seem to think otherwise here,

jesus is someone who loves you know matter what you do or have done.

And he looks at who you are, not what you are. For example:

Everyone has a chance to be in heaven whether or not you are a Christian.

He also is friendly, giving, fair, loyal and probably has the most friends in the world!

[/I]In order to inherit everlasting life you must be born again (John 3:3). That means you repent of your sins, turn away from them, and put your trust and faith in Jesus Christ.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Sep 23, 2007, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? no trick, just want to discuss...
    Jesus to me is a religious sect leader who got lucky and became a founder of one of world's largest religion. Nothing more and nothing less.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 23, 2007, 11:55 PM
    To me, jesus is a saving grace, and a loving saviour, the one thing in my life that I know is the right way, the only sure thing. Im so far from him, and it hurts more than anything else in the world. Hes the king of kings, saviour of all, and I know that he would have died on that cross, even if it was just me who needed saving. He loves us all, no matter how far we fall, no matter how much we hurt each other. Even if I can't feel him, even if I can't get that connection going, I will still try to follow him, for ever and ever because I love my god.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Sep 24, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Thank you to all that have posted and who will post. This was great to see the way people feel about our Savior. Many who haven't posted but have just viewed this will undoubtedly be affected by these responses and the work of the Holy Spirit. Thanks again and God bless.
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Sep 24, 2007, 09:28 PM
    He is:
    Light
    Awsome
    Peace
    Love
    Joy
    My King
    My Savior
    My Redeemer
    "The one who filles the hole in my life/heart"- xD
    The Unchanging one
    The Alpha and Omega
    The Beginning and the End
    The Son of God
    I could go on forever and ever(Etc!)
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Sep 24, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Comment on speakez66's post
    XD I love it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jesus, Your Name [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Michael Oaks, I am 74 years young and need desperately to find the artists name to a contemporary Christian song that I heard around 1985 from my home in Grants Pass, Oregon. The station originated from Redding California. I have long since lost the tape; however I would love to know...

What Would Jesus Do? [ 11 Answers ]

An American Preacher once said to me (through the God Channel, Sky Channel 760) that, when I am faced with every day travails (such as which way up to have my eggs) I should ask myself “What Would Jesus Do?” You can imagine the difficulty this has now given me, having not read all of the bible,...

Jesus was. [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, at a theological meeting in Rome, scholars had a heated debate on the subject of the ethnicity and nationality of Jesus. One by one they offered their evidence: Jesus was... Recently, at a theological meeting in Rome, scholars had a heated debate on the subject of the ethnicity and...

Jesus is a way ? [ 54 Answers ]

If jesus christ is the only way as the bible says. What is the fate of millions of people born into other religions as it seems thatmost peoples beliefs are as a result of the fact that they were born into a particular faith and their parents thought them to follow that faith?

Jesus [ 17 Answers ]

When did jesus learn he was christ?

View more questions Search