Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2005, 05:26 PM
    Culture traits of americans
    Hi.
    Does anyone know what a culture trait is?
    What are some culture traits of americans?
    holyangel17 Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Sep 29, 2009, 04:24 PM

Well, the thing with America is, it is difficult to narrow America to a cultural trait! America is composed of different cultures from all over the world, many ethnicities, religion, economic differences, and region differences. I do not know how to summarize the cultural differences without sounding stereotypical but I will summarize my own judgments but, I might be summarizing based on stereotypes.

Americans rely knowledge mainly from the media. (Support: an average American has alteast one television).
    Family time is limited: (Usually, fathers and mother work and children are very independent! They start working early as age 16, have own car, and have freedom to explore and learn from mistakes.)
    Not goal oriented: (There is not much pressure for children to succeed and people make decisions that make them happy whether it is work, education, or marriage)
    Marriage is not considered as commitment (Kids have sex starting low as age 12, sex is something very open and if God forbid you are a virgin before marriage, something is wrong with you)
    Sports such as Basketball and Football are prominent:
    Christmas is focused on Santa Clause than Jesus Christ:
    Opportunities are unlimited: It is easy to attend and graduate high school with no effort whatsoever! Without a college degree, jobs are still available. Colleges offers variety of resources such as federal grant (basically free money), student loans, work-study, and part time job is very common among College students.
    Taking care of elders is not a neccesity: (Elderly recommends staying in retiring homes than with own children than being a burden)

There are many cultural differnces such as these...
    zaynah926 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 12:21 PM
    How about for anything not something specific

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real vs ideal culture [ 4 Answers ]

Real culture vs ideal culture? Thanks

Racist Americans [ 122 Answers ]

----------THREAD IS SOLELY MEANT FOR INDIANS,ESPECIALLY in INDIA----- You know I just quit my job today, and I can't explain how relieved I feel about it.Used to work as a tech support in a BPO , outsourced in India with most customers calling from america .To a point where I realised that the...

Venus flytrap tissue culture [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all I need some help about venus flytrap tissue culture . Is there anyone who did this method before? I need some Information about the Medium and other important stuffs. Please help me If It is possible for you.

1930 Census and Native Americans [ 1 Answers ]

How was the amount of Native American blood deceided on in the 1930 census?

Culture [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me, 1.What is Friendship Day? 2. When people celebrate this? 3. What is the history of friendship day?

View more questions Search