Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macason Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Visitation rights for the non custodial parent
    In Texas if the non custodial parent does not want to have visitation can a judge make them have visitation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 5, 2007, 08:31 AM
    In no state can the non custodial parent be forced to have visitation. They can only be forced to conform to a court ordered visitation. In other words, if they are allowed visitation every other Wednesday from 7-11 then they can't show up on Tuesday. But iof that don't want to visit at all, they can't be compelled to.

Of course, its rather shameful to abandon a child that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

I have been divorced for 12 yrs and have a 17 yr old daughter. She has been in my custody for all her life. Her father has never properly supervised her on weekend visits and she has gotten herself involved with an acquaintance of his who is 35 yrs old. In addition due to a complete lack of...

Custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

Custodial parent never married the father. via Maryland court papers, father is to see child every other weekend. The custodial parent moved 4 hrs away. Would custodial parent need to go back to court to re-do visitation or is the Maryland court agreement valid in virginia?

Custodial Parent Move Away [ 7 Answers ]

In the instance where there is a current DV restraining order against the NCP, together with limited visitation between the NCP and the child, the parties were never married, and the custodial parent already has both 100% legal and physical custody, does the custodial parent need permission from...

Custodial parent being deployed [ 9 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My ex-husband and I have been divorced since 2002. We have a 8 yr old son. Our son lives with his dad, who was just stationed out in California. Our son visits me in MI every summer, over major holidays and even lived...

Should grand parent have visitation rights? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not married to the baby's daddy and I don't want his mother to take care of my baby because she said when I was pregnant that she was not going to baby sit. I'm working now and she gets mad because I don't want her to take care of my baby. Now she wants to take me to court to get visitation...

View more questions Search