Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2005, 12:53 PM
    Trane A/C Handler
    The blower makes a slight noise, almost rattling. I looked at the blower unit and it has the part number M412TB31V. Now I'm not sure if that's just the wheel, motor or both the motor and wheel. I would like to replace the motor and wheel, as I can't determine exactly where the noise is coming from. What else can I tell you, to direct me to buy the correct part or parts, to replace?

Jim
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2005, 03:12 PM
    Perhaps before replacing the thing, check the screws holding the motor in place, and the ones holding the wheel to the motor shaft.
    [email protected] Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2005, 04:06 PM
    A/C Handler
    So why didn't I think of that. I will check the mounting, and make sure everything is tight. Thanks labman, I will let you know by next weekend, when I will have time to investigate.

Jim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Dripping from Air Handler [ 8 Answers ]

I have a newly installed, (maybe four months ago), central AC unit. It is a split system, 3.5 tons, Rheem 13 SEER. Both the compressor and the air handler were replaced. All was working fine until yesterday, when I began hearing a dripping sound coming from beneath the air handler. A quick look...

Air handler leaking [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioning air handler is located upstairs in my two story townhome. I noticed the air handler is leaking water... it leaks from under the area where you change the filer. I noticed there is no water leaking from the pipe outside. I put a bucket under the unit for now... is this serious?

Replacement motor for Trane air handler [ 1 Answers ]

The motor in one of my 35-year old Trane air handlers recently Blew. It looked quite old. I figured it would be easy to replace It just by matching the specs. Unfortunately the new Motor runs for 10-15 minutes, then it stops for 15 minutes, Then it starts again. I suspect the thermal...

Buzzing from air handler [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hoping for info concerning a buzzing sound coming from air handler. We live in a high-rise building(24 floors). We are on a building wide system with air handlers in each room. Small bedroom unit has history about this time each year(last 5) that start buzzing. Past years maintenance would...

Trane 500 AC [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a 10 year old central AC and it started to do this split second double start, then it runs just fine cooling the house. What do you think it is? Mike

View more questions Search