Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drain_cloger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2005, 12:31 PM
    Washer backing up in tub and shower...
    Hi guys, this is my first post here, ill try to describe problem as best as I can.

I have a sink and a bathtub in small bath, sink drains fine but tub drains slow, and no backup when washer drains. The kitchen has a dishwasher and a sink, drains fine but little backup when washer drains. In the master bath I have a big tub, a shower, 2 sinks, the all backup bad when washer drains. The tolites are on separate pipe than everything else, while washer, dishwasher and all other drains run in same pipe. I have run a 20ft auger in ever drain and also used chemicals.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 11, 2005, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drain_cloger
    Hi guys, this is my first post here, ill try to describe problem as best as i can.

I have a sink and a bathtub in small bath, sink drains fine but tub drains slow, and no backup when washer drains. the kitchen has a dishwasher and a sink, drains fine but little backup when washer drains. in the master bath i have a big tub, a shower, 2 sinks, the all backup bad when washer drains. the tolites are on seperate pipe than everthing else, while washer, dishwasher and all other drains run in same pipe. i have run a 20ft auger in ever drain and also used chemicals.
    You have partial clogs all over the place and that 20 foot auger just ain't going to get it. Let's take them one at a time starting with the worst clog. You should rent a sewer machine, take it up to the roof and snake out the master bath lavatory vent. Put out enough cable to get down to the bend at the base and about 25 foot more to get out in the main. For the other clogs,(kitchen sink and small bath lavatory) you may use the small auger. The clog will be found in the lateral, (horizontal) line in the wall. To snake you must remove the trap and snake from the trap tail that goes into the wall. The good news is that you won't have to put out much over 6 foot of cable.
    Good luck and happy snaking. Tom
    drain_cloger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2005, 05:21 PM
    OK, read you reply and went to the roof, the roof vents are only connected to the tolites, not the washer and other drains, could that be one of my problems? I contacted the people who I rent off and he said the previous tenants had sewer prob but he let them try to fix it.

Ps: every drain has a spring loaded pro-vent.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 12, 2005, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drain_cloger
    ok, read you reply and went to the roof, the roof vents are only connected to the tolites, not the washer and other drains, could that be one of my problems? i contacted the people who i rent off of and he said the previous tenants had sewer prob but he let them try to fix it.

ps: every drain has a spring loaded pro-vent.

In that case remove the AAV's ,(Pro-Vents) and snake the lines from there. Also check to make sure that the AAV's are working OK. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Washer having suds backing up [ 54 Answers ]

Can anyone let me know what to do? I have a new maytag (toploader) washing machine that has been working fine for 5 months. Last week, I noticed suds backing up from the drain area (where the pipe empties water and suds into the wall). There are only suds spewing out, no water. I called Maytag and...

Washer backing up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys. My 21-year-old son recently brought a house (6 months). I am very proud of him but very disappointed in the house. In a very short time we have found many problems with this house. It angers me because my son is a hard worker, good kid and deserves better. So, after this small intro,...

Washer backing up into kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

A few weeks ago our kitchen sink started backing up with water whenever we use the washing machine. We are on a septic system and have never had any problems until now. The house was built back in the 50's so we're not sure if there is a grease trap to be the cause of the issue. We've put root...

Washer backing up into shower stall [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a raised ranch home in which the laundry room and a full bath are located on the lower level of the house. Recently, I noticed that when the washer discharges water, it backs up into the shower stall in the bathroom. Just a bit of water and bubbles gurgles up and then it goes right back...

Washer drain backing up [ 3 Answers ]

Moved into a 2 story townhouse recently and bought a new over/under washer and drier. While doing some wash my wife noticed that when the washer drained it backed up into the sink. The lucky thing was it was a small load. This morning was an extra large load, and it backed up so bad that it...

View more questions Search