Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peaden1711 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Sep 10, 2007, 01:28 PM
    The Triple Antibotic Sauve Was If She Takes The Peircing Out. Sorry Wrong Wording
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NalvaBabii
    I Think The Infection Went Away, I Used Peroxide On It A Few Times And It Got Kinda Dryed Out But It Took The Infection Away Because I Havent Seen The Green Stuff Come Out. But I Told My Mom And She Said To Wait A While To See If It Comes Back And Then She Will Take Me To The Clinic
    I am very glad you are better and it wasn't severe enough to have to go to the doc. :)
    NalvaBabii Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Thanks guys.! Right now its just a little sore and tender but I think its going to be OK. I stopped using the peroxide a few days ago and I'm just using the dial anti bacteria soap once a day [sometimes twice a day]. I put a little bactine every now and then. Right now the only problem I have is that I think I'm allergic to this belly ring because I have a rash under my belly and its uncomfortable so I was trying to change the belly ring back to the one it was pierced with because it was surgical steel but the guy at the piercing place put the ball on too tight so its hard to get the ball off... any suggestions?
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Go back to the piercer and have him take the ball back off. He put it on too tight, and it is his responsibility to get it off. Most piercers are happy to do this at no charge.

Where exactly is the rash? If you are allergic to certain metals, some belts can cause a rash as well if you wear one that contains the metal you are allergic to.

Sep 11, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Yea because I'm allergic to nickel so that's the reason I can't wear belts but the rash is underneath my belly button like on my stomach and its itchy.
    Well right now I just cleaned my belly piercing and its kind of sore:(
    It burns a little but I don't know, maybe because its irritated??
    Ummm.. well I been putting bacetracin on the rash hoping that it will kind of clear it up and make it stop itching
    And about the ball being too tight... well that's the reason I went back to the piercing place in the first place so that he could change the belly ring for me because I couldn't get the ball unscrewed because it was too tight and I told him that but he put it on tight again. I really don't want to go back because they seemed kind of bothered that they had to change my belly ring so maybe if I get latex gloves then it will be easier to take the ball off?
    And around my piercing is kind of red is that normal?
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 09:44 PM
    For the rash, if what you are using does not clear it up try hydrocortisone. That will usually clear a rash right up. But make sure you don't get it on the piercing itself.

It could very well be sore because its irritated. Is the green discharge still gone, or did it start back up? If it is irritated, you should decrease cleaning and twisting it. The more you do these things, the more irritated it will get. As long as there is no green or funky smelling discharge, cleaning it all the time is not necessary. The redness could also be due to irritation. Is there any swelling?

As for the piercer, to be honest with you, if he gets irritated at you for having him take the ball off that is his own fault. You told him it was too tight before, and he put it on too tight again. He's the one that should take it off. If you don't want to go back to him, have someone you trust, who is strong, take the belly button ring off. But tell this person to be careful, and do not tug on the jewelry.

If you don't start getting good luck with this piercing soon, it might be in your best benefit to take it out.

Sep 12, 2007, 04:40 PM
    The green discharge isn't coming back but today when I was in school I looked at it and it had a little green crust on it but I don't know if that was the green discharge because I haven't seen it in almost a week. I think the green crust was from the rash though. Its not swollen or nothing but yea I agree that its irritated and I think I kind of made it worse today because I had a tight shirt on and it kept getting caught on the belly ring. I've been cleaning it once a day [before I go to sleep] and its sore when I clean it and I think because I sleep on my stomach that's making it irritated too. I'm just really going to try to keep this piercing because I've wanted my belly pierced since I was 7 years old and FINALLY now that I'm almost 17 my mom let me get it done lol. But I'm going to go to walmart this weekend and get a hypo-allergenic belly ring and see if that works any better
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Good luck with finding the right jewelry.

I know it may be hard to break old habits, by try to avoid sleeping on your stomach until this issue is taken care of. Sleeping on your stomach not only puts pressure on the piercing, but it suffocates it as well, which means it doesn't allow any oxygen in, and oxygen is key to a healing piercing. Also, avoid clothing that will easily get caught on the piercing. Try and wear longer shirts so the bottom of your shirts don't get caught on the jewelry.

If the green discharge returns a second time, I strongly recommend to try and see a doctor if at all possible.
    xkurwamacx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 05:54 PM
    WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T TAKE OUT THE PIERCING.

It's even more important not to take it out if u do have an infection because if u take out the ring, then the infection will be stuck inside your body and not have a way of getting out. (since it's way of drainage.. via the ring.. is now gone)
    Jam43 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Go back to the person who did the belly piercing and she what she recommends to do. I would get it taken care of by going to the doctor right away. You can always make payment arrangements on the Doctor bill; besides your health is more important than a belly pierceing.
    pauline1994 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 07:22 AM
    I have just recently gotten my belly re-pierced, I had it once before and cleaned it morning and night but the infection was so bad that the top ball dropped into my skin, so I just took it out.. as I said I re-pierced it its been 6 days now and it feels swallon and I feel like its just getting more and more infected, what should I do?
    Miss future Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 03:17 AM
    I have a question. I have had my belly peirced twice already and the first time I had it I was stupid and took it out and changed it with a belly bar from argos after three days, it went infected and pushed itself out. A year and a half later I went and got it done again and it fell out in p.e at school, so I went to argos and put a belly bar in from there. It went infected so I took it out. I recently found out that there is something in the argos belly bars that would have caused my belly to react like that. Before I changed it , it was fine and I have recently got my tongue peirce and that is okay too. I want to get it done again as I am really depressed with the scar on my belly, and I want to go on holiday and be confident in a bikin. What should I do? Please help me xx Hayley xx
    dorothyskittles Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

May 30, 2010, 06:50 PM
    Omg well I'm just a girl that loves to get belly piercings I think they are cute. But I have had my top done for ever now they told me to use only antibacterial no smell liq soap wash three times a day with the antibacterial no smell liq soap on a q-tip don't wash more than 30sec. Each time you clean your belly piercing. I did thisand have never had a prob with it.now that was my top one that went well like I was saying I love belly piercings so I went to get my bottom done they changed there minds and came up with its better to clean it with h2o which is a sea salt. I did that thinking they know what's best so I did this and just a few months arter my bottom belly ring came out my skin before that the skin just got thinner and thinner now I have a ugly scare on my belly. I have just got my sides done and I'm doing the antibacterial no smell soap and its doing great.so it might just be me but I don't trust that h2o sea salt at all. I'm just fine without it I also know friends that didn't go by what I'm telling you and they used the salt and there piercings haven't came out like mine did but all of them have a ugly ball of dryed up skin on there piercing I mean all of them that used the sea salt and h2o sea salt cleaner got this it just doesn't sound right to me. Put 2 and 2 together so I hope some body takes this in and thinks smart they will tell you that you can use the soap so just don't fall into there dumb sayings they just want 2 sell there h2o sea salt cleaner to make money because didn't u know every sell than person makes they get more money on the pay so its just a game they really don't care if it works or not for you. So just think smart and good luck anybody that wants a cute belly... always gangsta barbie
    dorothyskittles Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

May 30, 2010, 06:50 PM
    Omg well I'm just a girl that loves to get belly piercings I think they are cute. But I have had my top done for ever now they told me to use only antibacterial no smell liq soap wash three times a day with the antibacterial no smell liq soap on a q-tip don't wash more than 30sec. Each time you clean your belly piercing. I did thisand have never had a prob with it.now that was my top one that went well like I was saying I love belly piercings so I went to get my bottom done they changed there minds and came up with its better to clean it with h2o which is a sea salt. I did that thinking they know what's best so I did this and just a few months arter my bottom belly ring came out my skin before that the skin just got thinner and thinner now I have a ugly scare on my belly. I have just got my sides done and I'm doing the antibacterial no smell soap and its doing great.so it might just be me but I don't trust that h2o sea salt at all. I'm just fine without it I also know friends that didn't go by what I'm telling you and they used the salt and there piercings haven't came out like mine did but all of them have a ugly ball of dryed up skin on there piercing I mean all of them that used the sea salt and h2o sea salt cleaner got this it just doesn't sound right to me. Put 2 and 2 together so I hope some body takes this in and thinks smart they will tell you that you can use the soap so just don't fall into there dumb sayings they just want 2 sell there h2o sea salt cleaner to make money because didn't u know every sell than person makes they get more money on the pay so its just a game they really don't care if it works or not for you. So just think smart and good luck anybody that wants a cute belly... always gangsta barbie
    jessilynne17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 12:49 AM
    My advice for you is to either go get seasalt and mix it into a small cup of water and soak your peircing as much as you can with it, like use a q-tip to put it on the infected part and try to get it on your piercing as much as you possibly can or put it in the cup and lean ove and tilt the cup over your piercing and hold it there for about 5 min. or the best thing to do is go to the doctors and get the antibiodics cause these infection are not something you can just ignore there serious. DO NOT TAKE THE PIERCING OUT! It will trap the infection inside and have no where for it to go.. good luck.
    jessilynne17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 12:55 AM
    Comment on pauline1994's post
    Taking the piercing out is the worst you can do, you trap the infection inside your body.
    kamking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 10:57 PM
    My belly ring has what I'm guessing is an irritation bump. Does that go away, and if so how can I treat it?
    chellyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 06:44 AM
    I got my belly button pierced for a week and I cleaned it and everything and it got infected I had to take ito ut because it hurt wayyy but I still clean it and put this healing cream on it.. dose anyone know if I keep caring for it even though I took the piercing out if the hole will close?
    e.s.t.a Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2011, 06:49 AM
    You should take it out and clean it with a alochic pad and then put it back in and then go get some h2o cleaning stuf you can get the h2o at a pericing place. That shouls work
    LaurenElaine13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2011, 03:33 PM
    My belly button ring is infected to it scabs... and it has yellow gooey stuff coming out when I clean it.
    I never cleaned it enough like I should have. IS it to late for it to get better or what do I have to do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing, infected or not? [ 23 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced about 3 weeks ago now and in the last few days it's developed a red rash ring right round my belly button just underneath my top bar. Does this mean it's infected? Any tips on clearing it up because it kind of burns lol.

How do you know if a belly piercing is infected? [ 18 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced a month ago and it seems to be doing really good . I clean it in the morning and before I go to sleep with dial antibacterial soap... the only thing is people say that I will get a little crust around the piercing but I have not gotten that at all! Is that a good sign? And...

Possible infected belly button piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had my belly button pierced Feb. 17 and have been cleaning like I'm supposed to. Some days are sorer than others when it gets bumped or when I bend over. I noticed today that it is a little red around the area but no puss or fluids. Does this mean it is getting infected or is it just a...

Is my belly button infected [ 5 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced last year in October everything was going fine I was cleaning it regularly but now I changed it and it hurts when I touch what are the chances of it being infected. What should I do before it gets worse if it is infected

Is my belly piercing infected? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey.. I got my belly pierced like 4 days ago and I have been cleaning it faithfully 3 times a day with dial soap & bactine. Well on the top part of the piercing I'm starting to notice a little tiny bump. Its really small, you can hardly notice it but I don't know what it is and I'm beginning to...

View more questions Search