Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jatlaw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida
    Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida?
    I have a house that I rented out, I have been told the rental income is subject to sales tax. I had rental property in California, I never paid sales tax the rental income.

Can someone please confirm this for me.
    Thanks
    Jatlaw
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Section 212.031(1)(a), F. S. in pertinent part, provides:
    It is declared to be the legislative intent that every
    Person is exercising a taxable privilege who engages in the
    Business of renting, leasing or letting any real property .
    .. . (Emphasis supplied.)

Advisory Legal Opinion - Taxation of rental income

Here is a link to info on Florida Sales Tax concerning rental property:

FL Dept Rev - Sales and Use Tax on Rental of Living or Sleeping Accommodations

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S. Florida easement/Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

The neighbor is tearing their house down and re-building. They are asking for an easement to put the elec. Lines in the ground (10-15 feet into our property). Our house is on the market to be sold. Should we say no?

Income tax treatment of sales tax on improvement to rental property [ 3 Answers ]

For income tax purposes, major improvements to my rental property must be depreciated over a period of years. Can I take the sales tax on those improvements as a deduction in the year of the improvement, or must the sales tax amount be included in the depreciation schedule? Thank-you, ...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

NC Residential rental real estate. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tenant here in NC who has been under a verbal rental agreement with me (& my wife) since July 2006. We allowed her to rent well under market in order to get back on her feet. Over time she would get the utilities in her name and would be able to pay closer to a fair market rent. It has...

View more questions Search