Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klein Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2005, 08:47 AM
    Cloudy Fish Bowl
    We just got two fish and put them into a fish bowl yesterday (I don't know what kind of fish they are, put was told they do well in a bowl). This morning the water in the bowl is quite cloudy. What do I do?
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Sep 11, 2005, 11:58 AM
    Hello,

I am no pet professional or anything of the sort, but of course the first thing you want to do is remove the fish from the bowl temporarily and replace it with fresh water and wash out anything else that is in the bowl with them.

If you are really into keeping the fish for a while, it would be a good thing to get a real small tank perhaps with some sort of filter or water circulation system to keep the water clean.
    pebbles0343 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 01:24 AM
    Cloudy tank
    One of my friends has a tank with 2 perrana's and one gold fish. The tank has a filter but the water stays cloudy and green all the time. They have put stuff in the water and cleaned the tank but the cloud just keeps coming back. We have come to the conclusion that it must be the fish. They must shed their scales or something cause it sure isn't the tank turning colors. Just figured I would let you know this so you don't go to the store and buy a new tank in case this could be the problem with your fish tank.
    Doberman. Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2005, 08:01 AM
    Did you boil the stones before u put them in the bowl?
    pebbles0343 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2005, 09:54 PM
    Yes they have cleaned the stones several times. They took the fish out of the tank for a few days and put them in a small bowl, the tank got clearer but the bowl got clowdy, so it has to be the fish.
    Doberman. Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2005, 09:38 AM
    Hello

Me again, is the water pea-soup?
    If so try:-

The drastic method is this - cover the tank with large towels so that no light can get in. Leave it for 3 to 4 days and do not feed your fish over this time. Remove the towels and do a 20% water change. This usually kills off all the pea soup algae.

I'm not sure if this works and only got it off a web site so it may not be true.
    Good luck n will keep lokking for you. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do some fish not need air pumps [ 14 Answers ]

My sister has a goldfish and it doesn't have an air pump in it, but my tank has to have one or all the guppies, tetra, whatever I buy or they will die. Why is that

Cloudy spots on my dogs eye [ 7 Answers ]

I have a very healthy 5 year old male boxer mix. About 4 months ago I noticed a small cloudy spot on on his right eye. We immediately took him to the vet. They stated that it was not ulcers, glacoma, or cataracs, but a mineral deposit. They suggested changing his food and checking the eye...

Fish Ponds [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house that has a fish small fish pond with a water fall. It seems to have a lot of algae in it. Is there a way that I can clear the water and not hurt the fish or is algae a given and I should expect to live with it. My pond is approximately 6 ft wide and 8 feet long and about 2 feet...

Dying Fish [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Guys, My kids have an aquarium at home medium size which has got a filter and they are changing the water and cleaning the whole stuff occasionally but not late. They are feeding them morning and evening according to the instructions from the pet shop. They have to buy new fishes in every two...

View more questions Search