Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolbrezzeb Posts: 74, Reputation: 1
    -

Sep 4, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Stereo audio and Car Audio
    My stereo subwoofer blew out and I wanted to get a new subwoofer but I was wondering if stores sell stereo-homeaudio subwoofers without thee sub box.Also I was wondering if I could use a car audio subwoofer and put it in my stereo sub box and what would be the difference?
    bayareaslapzz Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Sep 4, 2007, 04:22 PM
    -You can use it, but I wouldn't recommend it. But that's just me.
    -Car Subwoofers are much more powerful and it takes more wattage to amplify the speakers.
    -Its a higher risk of blowing up your home-stereo Amplifier.

-bayareaslapzz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

Car Audio [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone explain the basics of car audio to me, or at least show me some sites which do that? I understand that it is wise to have subs, good speakers a nice deck and amps, but I would like to know what the amps actually do. Do they make the subs pound harder? Thanks

Car audio [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know much about car audio so this may be a dumb question but if I have a kicker sub and a boss amp dose it really matter all that much that I don't have a kicker amp to go with my sub.

Car audio help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Boss C-700 amp and 2 10' Infinity subs and I was told that I could run the subs at 2 ohms is that true?

View more questions Search