Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irheaum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2005, 03:26 PM
    Leaking Fiberglass Tub/Shower
    undefinedundefinedHi, We purchased a 2 year old Colonial three months ago. Last week, after a bath in the upstairs master bathroom, I notice two lines of wetness (in the drywall seams)on the dining room ceiling which is directly below the master bath. We inspected the tub, and noticed a new crack about 1/2 to 3/4 long, so we stopped using this bathtub. Today after a bath in the adjoining bathroom, we noticed a line of wetness in the kitchen which is directly below the guest bathroom. Is it possible the drain in the tub is not hooked up correctly??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 10, 2005, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by irheaum
    undefinedundefinedHi, We purchased a 2 year old Colonial three months ago. Last week, after a bath in the upstairs master bathroom, I notice two lines of wetness (in the drywall seams)on the dining room ceiling which is directly below the master bath. We inspected the tub, and noticed a new crack about 1/2 to 3/4 long, so we stopped using this bathtub. Today after a bath in the adjoining bathroom, we noticed a line of wetness in the kitchen which is directly below the guest bathroom. Is it possible the drain in the tub is not hooked up correctly???

Most homes have a access panel behind the tub drain that you can open up and check to see where the water's coming from. If the tub wasn't hooked up you would see a lot more water in your ceiling then you have. Water has a funny way of taking the path of least resistance, so the leak might be in one spot and show up in another. You'll have to get in there and check. Good luck and let me know what you find. Tom
    Lindareed304 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 11:06 AM
    We have a fiberglass shower upstairs and we're having water leaking in our kitchen
    Above our cabbinettes and in it . Help
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Tom, they don't put access panels anymore.
    Uh, linda, are you connected to this first question or are you starting a new thread?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fiberglass shower/tub removal [ 1 Answers ]

Would like advice/instruction on how to remove a fiberglass all-in-one shower/tub unit. Thanks in advance for help!

Fiberglass shower drain leak [ 3 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass shower leak drain leak. It is caused by the fiberglass cracking around the drain. I need to confirm my process for fixing this problem. 1. Remove old drain. It is a metal with a nut on the bottom. Can't unscrew it because the drain is so loose that it turns in the drain...

Leaky fiberglass shower [ 5 Answers ]

We remodeled our home recently and this included removing a tile shower and replacing it with a fiberglass shower which was on the second floor. The installation was done by a plumber. We noticed it leaking almost from the start. It drips into the room below down the ceiling fan only when my...

ABS Fiberglass Shower Drain Installation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've read some great posts on the forums but still can't fully answer my hopefully simple question. I'm installing a fiberglass shower in my basement and picked up an ABS screw-in drain for it to connect to my abs drain pipe. The drain came with a rubber gasket, I'm wondering which side of...

Fiberglass Shower Leak [ 2 Answers ]

My second floor fiberglass surround shower is causing a leak from the first floor ceiling. I don't know what to start with to try to fix it. I hope someone can help me.

View more questions Search