Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2007, 10:50 AM
    It is that time of the year again.
    When micro-breweries begin to produce that seasonal deliciousness that is the Pumpkin Ale. I was wondering if anyone has been able to try the offering from O'Fallon brewery. I just picked some up the other day, and upon first sip it became my favorite. It's actually really strong in the spices and pumpkin flavor, but the distinct "ale" taste is there too. It's really quite nice. So if you haven't tried it, give it a go.

Also, if anyone has other suggestions on Pumpkin Ale's I may not have tried, throw them out there.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 12:34 PM
    You have one up on me ! Pumpkin ale you say, so where do I find it if I live on southeast ontario.

Sep 4, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    you have one up on me ! pumkin ale you say, so where do I find it if I live on southeast ontario.

From their page:

We sell our beer to retailers in Missouri and distributors in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan and Wisconsin.

So, you may not be able to try it unless you have it shipped, or make it to one of the northern states.

However, you should probably be able to get Blue Moon's pumpkin ale, so I'd try that. It's not nearly as good, but it gives you a taste of the good stuff. Several other breweries make it, but I am unsure of the selection in Canada.

Cheers!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 12:49 PM
    I had some of the Michelob (sp?) Pumpkin Spice last year, and it was absolutely wonderful! It is a shame it only comes out one time a year. :(
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Yummers, the pumpkin ale sounds great! I live in Tennessee so I'm going to have to find a way to have some of that shipped! I've never seen the Michelob Pumpkin Spice star, I'm I living under a rock? ;)
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Yummers, the pumpkin ale sounds great! I live in Tennessee so i'm going to have to find a way to have some of that shipped! I've never seen the Michelob Pumpkin Spice star, i'm I living under a rock? ;)
    They sold it at my Super Walmart last year... lol. They only had it for about two weeks though, and it was right around Thanksgiving.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Well if I'm not pregnant by then I'm definitely going to have to try some!

Sep 4, 2007, 01:34 PM
    If at all possible, try to find a micro-brewed version of pumpkin ale. As with most things, the quality is superior when made in small batches. I plan on stocking up on the stuff, as the companies only make a limited amount. In Chicago, Binny's has the O'Fallon for $36 a case, that's 4 six packs. I will have to take a Taxi home though, as I do not want to walk that back, and I don't think it will fit on my bike!
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSnownw
    If at all possible, try to find a micro-brewed version of pumpkin ale. As with most things, the quality is superior when made in small batches. I plan on stocking up on the stuff, as the companies only make a limited amount. In Chicago, Binny's has the O'Fallon for $36 a case, that's 4 six packs. I will have to take a Taxi home though, as I do not want to walk that back, and I don't think it will fit on my bike!
    Rats, I'm nowhere near Chicago. Can something like this be shipped? I want some of the good stuff.. lol.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Me too Star!

Sep 4, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Rats, i'm nowhere near Chicago. Can something like this be shipped? I want some of the good stuff..lol.

Any place that has a wide selection of beers should have micro-brew selection. Also, you can order it online, one place is here:

Search

LOL, though they appear to be out of them at the moment, but they just started shipping the pumpkin ale out... so they should have it in-stock very soon.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Awesome! Thanks a lot! I love having a good beer once in a while, although I'm not prejudice to good old Bud Light. :p
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSnownw
    Any place that has a wide selection of beers should have micro-brew selection. Also, you can order it online, one place is here:

Search

LOL, though they appear to be out of them at the moment, but they just started shipping the pumpkin ale out...so they should have it in-stock very soon.
    Wonderful! I will def give this a shot!

Sep 4, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Awesome! Thanks a lot! I love having a good beer once in a while, although i'm not prejudice to good old Bud Light. :p
    Not a problem at all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meeting my 12 year old daughter for the first time. [ 10 Answers ]

I haven't seen my daughter since she was a year and a half old. What do I say and how do I go about it. I've missed seeing her so much. Especially since I have another daughter with another woman and watching her grow up has made me miss my first one more and more each day. I want to make things...

What to plant this time of year? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am in charge of a memorial garden this year in a organization I am a part of. I am a hard worker, but I have no intense horticultural experience. The garden has not been maintained in the past, and plantings only last about a month. I have to sponsor at least two events to plant, weed, and...

Meeting my 12 year old daughter for the first time. [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't seen my daughter since she was a year and a half old. What do I say and how do I go about it. I've missed seeing her so much. Especially since I have another daughter with another woman and watching her grow up has made me miss my first one more and more each day. I want to make things...

Parenting Time after 4 year absence [ 3 Answers ]

Seeking advice/input on a couple of things... I was served custody papers this week for my (almost 5-year-old) daughter. The father wants e/o weekend visition (Friday eve - Monday eve). In the short term, I'm not opposed to her having a relationship with this person however I am opposed to...

How Do I Put My 3 Year Old to Sleep When its Bed Time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , I am Having Problems With My Three Year Old Daugter. She has always had Problems Sleeping... Which She Does Not Like To Sleep! But Since My twins were Born its Gotten Worse Then EVER!! I am trying to Break the Bad Habit , So my Twins won't fall in the same Trap! Please Help!! ...

View more questions Search