Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweetie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2005, 01:25 PM
    Capitol Gains, Real Estate & investment?
    :confused:
    We are selling family property (178 acres & a house), to be split between 6 siblings. It will sell between $1 & $1.6 million.
    Will we have to pay Capitol Gains on 1/6 of the selling price, or the whole amount?
    Will we have to "buy up" to avoid Capitol Gains?
    We will be semi-retired and I want to try to find a house in the Northwest for $50,000 to $80,000.
    Should I make a full payment in cash or a large down payment with monthly payments, for tax reasons?
    Where should I invest the difference, for retirement purposes?
    We will be 63 & 60 years old.
    We will be getting an offer on the property this week.
    Thank You very much,
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 12, 2005, 07:17 AM
    Sweetie:

Send your e-mail address to [email protected]. I have a number of questions to ask before I can give you a good answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying investment real estate and renting it to myself [ 5 Answers ]

Just wondering... Is it legal to buy a small house, put the property in an LLC, and rent it to myself under another LLC? I am self employed in sales. While a lot of people in my field work out of their house, I chose to rent a small office. Rather than keep paying rent and see the money go...

Capital Gains vs Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

If you have had a property longer than two years and decided you would llike to sell the property How I avoid paying capital gains tax or what if I start a Corporation and quick deed the property to the Corporation. What is the benefit of deeding rental property (Investment Property) to a C-...

View more questions Search