Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnh1023 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Probation laws
    I am on probation in New York state. They have changed my probation officer 3 times. My new one is being a royal bi.ch. She told me on many occasions that if I miss one app or if I am even five minutes late she is going to file a violation. She is also telling me that if I miss my counseling app just once she is going to file a violation. She also said if she does she is going to ask for a yr in jail when I have less than 1 yr left. Is this legal? Also she told me to walk 10 miles to probation when I have asthma and back problems. Is this legal??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Hello john:

Yeah, she can yell at you all she wants, and she can threaten you as much as she wants, but she can't make you walk 10 miles to anything.

Depending on your probation conditions, she might be able to prevent you from driving. But, she can't stop you from taking a bus or a taxi, or getting a ride from a friend.

If you want to tell me more, I'll tell you how to deal with her.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation laws [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to get transferred from Colorado to Missouri and my probation officer is refusing to submit my transfer papers, is there any way I can get transferred? My probation officer told me that Missouri would not accept me but I have already talked to them about the transfer and they said that...

Probation Laws [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of questions. My husband is on probation right now and he was sentenced to 3 years. In June of this year it will be 2 years. When he went to his probation officer, and told her he was going to see if he could be let off early. She told...

New laws? [ 5 Answers ]

I was looking for a website for bankruptcy laws... I currently live in TN my husband and I have no credit card debt. We both had our ID stolen when we went to Korea and Iraq (we are currently trying to prove who did it) and needless to say both our credit histories are destroyed. We have tried to...

Unfair probation laws in Wisconsin [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me ? I was sentenced to 12 months probation and only have 3 months to go. My probation officers is being a real jerk! He does not want to believe anything I was to say. I'm on probation for bailjumping (being in a tavern when I should not have been). My court order say...

Ex in laws [ 2 Answers ]

I have been divorced for 3 years. I have 4 children. Here's the dealio. My ex has only seen our children once in the past 3 years. Due to his drug addiction, he separated himself from the children and his family (parents siblings, etc.). His parents during this time have spoke to him on occasion....

View more questions Search