Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pyro1098797 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Slat and ice frostbite issue
    I've done this before to the back of my hand and hadn othing but slight redness and swelling along with minor iritation to the affected area being touched

A friend of mine swore that it hsould be doing more and theat it was wosre on your inner for arm

Did this to prove him wrong

Anyway the dicoleraton doesn't bother me much

What I was wonderign about though is down the left side of my forearm in this picture
    The area is numb and tingly yet it was no where neare the ice cube
    Was also wondering if someone could tell me the degree of which the frostbite is

These bing the pics of my arm

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 7042
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 4984
Size:  80.5 KB
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 06:00 PM
    There are four degrees of frostbite.

*1st Degree - only the surface of the skin is affected. You may have itching around the area, patches, and experience numbness. Called 'frostnip', long term you shouldn't have a problem.

*2nd Degree - will end up hardening the top layers of skin, but leaving the deeper layers unaffected. You will probably experience blisters a few days after receiving the 2nd Degree freeze. Even though the blisters could turn hard and black, usually, they look worse than they really are and often heal within a month.

*3rd / 4th Degree - deeper layers of your skin become involved, all the way down to muscles, blood vessels and nerves. The skin will become waxy-like, you will lose use of the area, possibly forever. The blisters that form will be purple in color that turn black and usually filled with blood. Extremely frostbitten areas can result in amputation if gangrene sets in.

The process to manage the damage of extreme frostbite could take months and years of assessment and treatments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice/Salt = FrostBite? [ 18 Answers ]

I understand that when you pour salt on your upper fore arm, then apply (with pressure) a common ice cube for period of 1-3 min frostbite will occur. The amount of salt and the length of time play key factors in the severity of the so called... Reaction. I guess my question is how do you treat the...

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

Ice Maker slow making ice [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore Elite refer and the ice maker has almost quit making ice.The ice maker is part # 4317943 the freezer is about 0.0F any help will be appreciated. Randy

View more questions Search