Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexsur666 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2004, 12:23 PM
    Www.CoolSeacrch [cant get rid of]
    I've been reading a bunch of topics about how to remove www.coolsearch components, but there's a problem that doesn't let me get rid of coolsearch.

This Image explains it all:

------------------------------------------
    So Because those IE applications are running, I can't uninstall www.coolsearch bar [geez I hate it]

So Please help me... I'll be really appreciated if you do!
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2004, 11:06 PM
    Re: www.CoolSeacrch [cant get rid of]
    Well mate, coolsearch is a spybot.
    If you haven't already got SpyBot S&D, then get it, run it, you should find it will pick up all Bots if you have the current search engine.
    (YES S&D NEEDS TO BE UPDATED TO PICK UP THE Latest BOTS)

Its only a search engine just like all the virus scanner, they only look for file types and names they know of!

And you have way too many processes running! Close everythink! I take it your running Wins 2000?

Regards~ alicka

alexsur666 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2004, 03:48 PM
    Thanks for your help..
    I've been running spybot way before postin here, and it actually finds the bots, but the freaking wwwcoolsearch tool bar doesn't seem to go away...
    I've tried everything and it won't just go away...

alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2004, 05:35 PM
    OK matey, when you run SpyBot S&D, and it picks up Bots. You need to write the specific location and name of the key down that is reference to the Coolsearch s-haiter, Because when you jump to location it does not take you straight to the key that is required to be deleted. It will just go to the last place you were in in Regedit. Hence why people keep complaining the fix doesn't work. But they are too lazy!
    So, run S&D.
    Then write down the location of what it picks up.
    Then go to Regedit.
    It is imperitive you have to exact location and key.
    Work your way through to the key and delete it.

Regards~ alicka
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 21, 2004, 12:52 AM
    Try Giant AntiSpyware to remove stubborn spyware. If using windows xp, then boot into safe mode with networking to run the scan. In Safe Mode with networking, you can still connect to the internet if you need to for further troubleshooting tools and utilities. You may download a free trial of the software at the link below. Just click on "Products" and then "Free Downloads." This product combined with the Spyware-Adware Removal Kit on the same site will provide a complete solution to your problem.
    sunrat Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2004, 06:44 AM
    Use cws shredder
    You need CWS Shredder. Read about how to fix it at http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/cws/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search