Sep 3, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Basin Wrench
    How do you use a basin wrench?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 3, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by burris4
    How do you use a basin wrench?
    A basin wrench,(see image) is used to tighten the nuts up where you can't swing a wrench or a pair of pliers. You use them like this. You're on your back in a lavatory cabinet attempting to install a lavatory faucet. You can see the mounting and supply nuts but you can't get a wrench up there. You take your basin wrench, and with the jaw facing you on the left side you fit the jaw around the nut and turn clockwise. To loosen, you flip the jaw over on the right side facing you and turn counterclockwise. You can't go wrong because if you attempt to tighten with the jaw in the right hand side it won't grip. Good luck, Tom
    hweeg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Comment on speedball1's post
    Thanks for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace tub drain assembly w/o dumbbell wrench [ 4 Answers ]

Please help. I need to replace my pop-up drain assembly in a bathtub in a house we just bought. I tried to do it using a dumbbell wrench but the cross section that the wrench grabs onto was corroded and broke off. Therefore, there's nothing left to grab. I read somewhere that you can do...

Plumbing-Basin Wrench [ 2 Answers ]

How do I use a basin wrench?

Basin wrench [ 2 Answers ]

How do a use a basin wrench?

Basin wrench [ 6 Answers ]

I know this is a stupid question, but how do you use a basin wrench? I had the hardest time getting my spray hose undetached from under my kitchen sink. I have a basin wrench, it just didn't work for me. What am I doing wrong? [email protected]

View more questions Search