Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    student007 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2005, 08:21 AM
    Social Surplus
    I'm in first-year business school, and am taking economics for the first time. I'm not too clear on what exactly a social surplus is? Can anyone explain using simple examples, just so that I may have this clarified? Thanks
    leatherseats Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2005, 04:20 AM
    Combined, the consumer surplus, the producer surplus, and the government surplus (if present) make up the social surplus or the total surplus.

See links below:
    http://wilcoxen.cp.maxwell.syr.edu/pages/743.html
    JACODAMO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2012, 03:14 PM
    It is the total cost generated by the price set by the producer to the buyer(producer surplus), plus the price set by the buyer to the last consumer (consumer surplus). Social surplus therefore is sum of producer surplus plus consumer surplus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding Social Security [ 3 Answers ]

Call me new. Because I'm far from Social Security, however my father isn't. He just received his first check from the Social Security Office. He asked me if he is able to continue to work, or must he be unemployed to receive Social Security. Question: Can you have both a working income and...

Social Studies [ 3 Answers ]

Which of the following effects of the Neolithic agricultural revolution would be considered the MOST long-term? A growth in population B acquiring more possessions C more interaction among communities D loss of status for women

Social studies [ 2 Answers ]

Which of the following was true of feudalism? A - peasants owned the lands they farmed. B - local lords exercised great power. C - the king exercised absolute power. D - the king had no real power.

View more questions Search