Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheema_1 Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Sep 9, 2005, 02:27 AM
    I don't no what to say or do
    I'm not sure where to start,OK ill start with my nan and pop live in india and I haven't seen them since I was a child (now 20) and we keep in contact through phone and email.
    I got an email from my nan and pop today saying that she's having some madical problems and needs a pacemaker.
    I no a pacemaker is a artificial heart but I don't no what exactly to say or what to expect to happen but I no I'm scared because I I no I want my son to meet them and I no I want to see them if it is a least once more and my dad (his parents) is in the army and has gone away at the moment he forgot to take his phone with him so where got no number to call him on I have sent an email to his defence email so he would no wats going on but it just seems wrong to tell him via email and when he does call I don't no what I am going to say to him because our family isn't to big on emo talks.
    I can't think of anything but of how scared I am and that I wish I could be there.
    If anyone no's anything about pacemakers and the operation please tell me evan the bad stuff because I want to no what will be happing to her
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2005, 04:05 AM
    Pacemakers
    Hi,
    I am sorry to hear about your problem.
    You can do some research on pacemakers, by going to hppt://www.google.com, then type in "pacemaker after effects", without quotes, or something similar, then click on Search.
    You will find many links to look at.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Sep 9, 2005, 04:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the offer but I will do it myself it was all just a shock I geusse hard to handle last night but got my head around it now and she's going to be fine
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 25, 2005, 01:06 PM
    Better soon
    I am so sorry to here about your Nan. A pace maker is a small device that simply helps you heart to stay in the proper rhythm.

http://www.webmd.com/content/pages/9/1675_57808.htm

Listed above is a link to a page from Web MD Health, it should explain the pace maker to you. Good luck and I hope Nan is on the mend soon.

Nov 25, 2005, 11:47 PM
    Thanks
    Hey thanks for you reply
    Yer I did some research and I'm cool now she's fine the day after it all, all she wanted was to go shoppin lol
    It was just a shock to hear out of the blue but I have dealt with it and am fine now thanks for everyone's help :o
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2005, 02:26 AM
    My Grandfather had a pacemaker put in a couple of months ago. Before we knew what was happening he looked like he was in real bad shape but after the surgery and recovery he is doing a lot better now. The pacemaker and prayers saved his life.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know what to do. [ 6 Answers ]

Okay so my name is Erik and I'm 20 years old. I have a girlfriend and she is 17 years old. We've been seeing each other for awhile now. Long enough to know that if something happened between us we would feel it in our stomach for a long time, and that's a ****ty feeling. So the problem is that I...

I don't know what to do [ 4 Answers ]

Ive been with the love of my life for over a year. We are engaged and thing were going great. We moved in with my parent together to save up money till we can get our own place. Hes been looking for a job but has had no luck so far and its really bringing him down. He likes to go out with his...

I don't know what to do [ 29 Answers ]

(I know that this posting is really long, but please take the time... read it, and respond. I really need this adice.) Hello. My name is MaryAnna. I recently moved to where I live about 4-5 months ago. I moved here with my now ex fiancé. Our relationship went donw the drain dew to him. It was...

I don't know [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are trying to get pregnant. I have been having normal periods for a while now, taking my mulitvitamins and exercising on a regular basis. Last month July 23 I began to spot lightly, stopped spotting on the 24th, and then began a normal period on the 25th. 12 days later I began to...

My cpu is at 100 and don't know why [ 4 Answers ]

My cpu is at 100 and is slowing everything down I've defragged my computer, scanned for viruses, and restarted. It just started doing this. Task manager says system idle process is taking up all the cpu. Ireally hope you can help!

View more questions Search