Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    D2 The Mighty Duck Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Field Points
    I just bought a few arrows without any points on them, and I have a few blunt field points. Does anyone have any tips on how to attach the field points? I have the screw-in type.
    I've always used broadheads until I started shooting at targets, and I have no idea how to put field points on my arrows!:o
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D2 The Mighty Duck
    I just bought a few arrows without any points on them, and i have a few blunt field points. Does anyone have any tips on how to attatch the field points? I have the screw-in type.
    I've always used broadheads until i started shooting at targets, and I have no idea how to put field points on my arrows!:o
    The nose of the arrows should already be tapped and all you do is screw in what ever option tip you desire.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 03:03 PM
    You can glue them on. My ex made his own arrows. There are some tutorials out there, online. There are some web blogs out there too on archery/broadheads/field points. An example is: Broadheads and Field Points and Board Message

If you have a sporting goods store that knows what is what in archery, try there. You can go through the Google links on field points also: field points on arrows - Google Search

There are many magazines out there for the archer. Check your library or find out if your area has an archery club. The one we belonged to was quite active in education of new hunters/archers. Good luck to you.

Sep 5, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    The nose of the arrows should already be tapped and all you do is screw in what ever option tip you desire.
    Thanks, apparently the arrows I bought online did not have them tapped, so I will try to tie them on or glue them.
    Thank you for the help! I'll be sure to buy tapped ones next time.

Sep 5, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    You can glue them on. My ex made his own arrows. There are some tutorials out there, online. There are some web blogs out there too on archery/broadheads/field points. An example is: Broadheads and Field Points and Board Message

If you have a sporting goods store that knows what is what in archery, try there. You can go through the Google links on field points also: field points on arrows - Google Search

There are many magazines out there for the archer. Check your library or find out if your area has an archery club. The one we belonged to was quite active in education of new hunters/archers. Good luck to you.
    Thanks a lot, the sites help a lot
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 07:32 PM
    One thing to remember is that if you plan to hunt with the bow you are shooting, you want the practice tips and broadheads to weigh the same. Also, the broadheads will fly a little different, but you can still get to where you shoot a tight group with the practice tips, then swap to broadheads, and hit the "kill zone".
    Whackmaster Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 11:48 AM
    For the utmost in Archery how to and to understand the mystical flight of the arrow. Come over to TedNugent.com/hunting/forums. We have many hunting and competition shooters over her that can help. After signing up. Introduce yourself and tell them the Caliwhackmaster referred you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Points [ 13 Answers ]

Has anyone else notice that some people tend to get points easier than others. Not because they nessesarily give better answers, but for another reason. Has anyone else seen this anywhere?

View more questions Search