Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waldery Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2005, 11:33 PM
    MS Word 2000 hitch
    For some reason Word began keeping minimazed only the last one of the few documents I am working on, making word processing very laborious and frustrating having to continuously re-download the other files that disappeared after minimazing them.
    Hope some kind souls could advise me.
    Thanks.
    Aldo.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2005, 03:43 AM
    One window
    Hi,
    Open My Documents. At the top, click on View, then Folder Options. Toward the bottom, click on Custom Settings button, then put a checkmark by "open each folder in it's own window". then click on Apply, and OK.
    I'm not sure if the above is the problem, but it's worth a try.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2005, 04:09 AM
    I'm not 100% sure of what's happening but I'll try and help.

So you're opening a file files using Word and some of them will be minimised and then disappear from Word? What's this about having to redownload the files?! Are these documents off the internet or did you just mean reopen them from your PC?

Next time this happens in Word, click on Window in the menu bar. That should show all currently open documents. If the document you want isn't on that list then something has closed it. If the file name is there, either click on the tile or cascade option, or you can just click on the document name and it should appear.

Sep 10, 2005, 12:37 AM
    MS Word isn't keeping minimized more than one document/file.
    Hi Fredg and LT Theobald,
    MS word 2002 (not 2000 as I thought), is not keeping the minimized documents in the toolbar (from the Internet And from my PC), as used to do till recently.
    Now it minimizes only one file, but if I minimize a second one the first will disappear replaced by the second one and having to re-open (not re-download), each of them from ms word again just to work on them. I can keep in my toolbar only one minimized file at any one time, not more.
    Following your advices, all the minimized documents will be partly visible on the Separate Windows and by clicking Show All on the Window in the toolbar of Word, but when maximizing one to work on it, all the rest will disappear again.
    It is too frustrating and making the work endless.
    Please let me know if other ideas come to your mind.
    Thanks again for trying.
    Aldo.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2005, 02:47 AM
    MS Word
    Hi,
    Did you try my suggestion?
    About the windows showing in each ones;?
    fredg
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 10, 2005, 04:14 PM
    Bad as ever !
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    Open My Documents. At the top, click on View, then Folder Options. Toward the bottom, click on Custom Settings button, then put a checkmark by "open each folder in it's own window"., then click on Apply, and OK.
    I'm not sure if the above is the problem, but it's worth a try.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    For Starters Fred this ONLY works for files in Windows Explorer and NOT Word as was asked, so to post this:
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    Did you try my suggestion?
    About the windows showing in each ones;?
    fredg
    Shows that your lack of even BASIC knowledge is alarming!!

Is this another attempt to 'PAD' your posting numbers??

Sep 11, 2005, 12:13 AM
    MS Word hitch
    Hi Fredg,
    Yes, I tried, thanks, but not luck.
    I though to have replied you with my post earlier together with Theobald. Hope it did shows... If not let me know because I am not sure how to post them in this forum.Thanks.
    Still hoping some Wizard could come up with some ideas.
    Ciao.
    Aldo.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2005, 04:27 PM
    Are you sure its only showing one document? Word has a feature designed to unclutter the task bar. What it does is put like documents on a menu. So the taskbar should list the number of documents and when you click on the button on the taskbar you should see a list.

If that's not the problem post back and I'll do some more research.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Sep 12, 2005, 06:19 PM
    I have noticed this bug in Microsoft Word on a few occasions, although I am not quite sure if this is what you are referring to.

At a local organization here, they had a computer lab with Microsoft Office and when minimized, would just completely disappear from the task bar or tool bar, etc. I'm not sure if this had to do with the networking situation or what.

If this seems like a bug, make sure you have the latest downloaded updates for Microsoft Office.

Microsoft Office Website: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

Sep 14, 2005, 01:58 AM
    MS Word is keeping minimized only one document/file at the time.
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for your suggestion that I checked, but no buttons to be found in the toolbar of my MS Word 2002.
    Also using this Word for years and never noticed any menu you mention, probably that one could be in a more recent version than my 2002 version.

The minimized files don’t remain in the toolbar, but go back to their My Documents folder, from where I have to fish them out every time I need to consult them again in my reports.
    I can keep minimized only one file, the last one.

I am trying all what comes to my mind, but is not much and also without luck.
    But I appreciate your standing by.
    Aldo.

Sep 14, 2005, 02:14 AM
    MS Word isn't keeping minimized more than one document/file.
    Hi wzrtv,

Thank you for your intervention. I don’t think is a bug, the rest of my PC is OK. Besides, just recently have installed the AVG 7 Pro anti virus and according to its daily scanning, all is clear.

Following your tip I went to the Office website with the link you provided and spent some time there, but no updates available for MS Word 2002, only for 2003.

As soon as I have more time will go back there to search more.
    In the meantime, thanks for your tips.

Should I be so lucky to find a remedy to this silly problem, will let you know, of course.

Aldo.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 15, 2005, 04:13 AM
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This is the download for Office XP (aka 2002) service pack 3.

Hope this helps

Sep 16, 2005, 02:00 AM
    MS Word 2002 is not keeping files minimized.
    Hi StuMegu,

Thank you for your link.
    I am downloading right now, a bit long, when finished hope to get some positive results.
    And would let you know either way.
    But thanks again for your trouble.

Ciao.
    Aldo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS Word 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am running Word 2000 ona system that has a Windows2000 OS. My Problem is that if I click on the Word Icon to start it, it briefly appears then disappears without trace, If however I I open an existing word document it works fine. I have tried deleting and re-creatingthe NORMAL.DOT file...

Release date of MS Word 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, does anyone know when MS Word 2000 became first available to the public?

Microsoft word 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a contract with is standard except for a few areas. How do I highlight (bookmark?) this area and when I type in the information the space provided shortens or expands based on how much is typed? I've check templates but it gives a box and I don't think this is what I want.

Word 2000 glitch? [ 2 Answers ]

?? Cannot type in any document! Can anyone help me? So confused, program worked fine until now... pretzel :(

Word 2000 Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I put files onto a disc from my school and then loaded a Microsoft file, Microsoft word loads but only squares appear in the document. Anyone help, is it something to do with having a different os from the school, I have xp home and I think they have nt? Please could someone help me?

View more questions Search