Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foafo5 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
    A sad day giving a wonderful child up to protect her
    How can igive custody to my sister inlaw to keep my daughter out of foster care. But my sister inlaw doesnot live in the same state. Would that stop anything
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Have you asked if they will let your sister in law care for her instead of foster care? Most of the time a judge will allow this if a family member is willing to care for the child.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 12:19 PM
    As stated on your other thread, to get the best advice possible, you need to give more info.

Sep 3, 2007, 12:21 PM
    But my sister inlaw does not live in the same state, so I would like to know how to turn custody over to her
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 12:27 PM
    What is the situation? Why are your children being taken? etc...

The more info you give, the better advice you will get.

Sep 3, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by foafo5
    how can igive custody to my sister inlaw to keep my daughter out of foster care. but my sister inlaw doesnot live in the same state. would that stop anything
    I told a doctor that I will report her for put my daughter's mediction in my name and she called acs and told them I'm take my daughter to the clinic too much and nothing is wrong with her.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 12:37 PM
    I don't understand. Did you ask your doctor to put the med in your name or your daughter's? Was the med for you or your daughter?

How often to you take your daughter to the clinic and why?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:37 PM
    That does not make sense. Child Protective Services is taking your child away from you because you take her to the doctor too much? Please, all the story and not a bit or a piece here and there. Otherwise, whatever anyone may say, may not be the correct path for you to take.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Shy, there is a disorder called Munchausen's By Proxy... When a mother takes her child to the doctor too often and there is nothing wrong, this is suspected. The child or children CAN be taken away if this is proven to be the case.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Is this the case here?
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Is this the case here?
    I really can't tell yet, there is way too much info missing.

Sep 3, 2007, 12:42 PM
    I told a doctor that i will report her for put my daughter's mediction in my name and she called acs and told them i'm take my daughter to the clinic to much and nothing is wrong with her.
    the mediction was for my daughter, I did not understand what was taken place that day, so I respond the only wy I can think of. The doctor felt the need to put the medication in my name and refuse to tell me what was the medication for.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Why did you take her to the doctor? How often do you take her?

Sep 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Do you want me to fax the court order over to you

Sep 3, 2007, 12:53 PM
    It makes no sense to anyone or to me, but I can fax the court order to you. My husband said the doctor did this to protect her

Sep 3, 2007, 01:01 PM
    My husband said the doctor did this to protect herself from any legal action.

Sep 3, 2007, 01:32 PM
    My daughter was born sick so that disease do not apply to me, and she has the same thing wrong just like at birth, and I only take my daughter when there is visible signs of her illness

Sep 3, 2007, 01:41 PM
    My daughter was sick at birth so this is not the case, I know that story when the mother willifully caused harm to the child. My case is far different from that, I have pictures and a paper trail from doctors
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Going out on a limb and making some wild guesses here:

The pharmacist is trying to protect herself from prescription drug mishandling charges. Depending on what the drug is (narcotics, tranquilizers, etc.), having it put into someone else's name is a serious violation of several laws.

Which leads to the corrollary: A mother who is taking a kid to the doctor and asking that the prescription be in the mother's name (not the kid's) is potentially a mother with a drug addiction.

Just my thoughts from what I've read. Not having all the facts makes it a bit harder. The Munchausen's is just as likely a candidate.

A comment on the original question: Have you talked to the sister-in-law about the situation? Hate to see you go through all the effort to transfer custody to her, only to have her say that she doesn't want to take in the kid.
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 06:40 PM
    my daughter was sick at birth so this is not the case, i know that story when the mother willifully caused harm to the child. my case is far different from that, I have pictures and a paper trail from doctors
    With Munchausens Disease By Proxy, the mother does not always have to willfully cause harm to the child. It is more usual that the mother just get attention. So she makes up symptoms, illnesses. There is not always harm done to the child.

If you have pictures and a paper trail, you should not be worried, you apparently have proof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sad day!-breakup [ 4 Answers ]

My old boyfriend and I broke up about 2 months ago. It was for a pretty stupid reason and lots of miscommunications were made. I saw him a month later told him the way he treated me wasn't right and now we don't talk at all. I miss him terribly now. What do I do?

My mp3 player giving write protect error while formatting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, I am getting write protect error while copying songs to my mp3 player, also getting the same whil formatting the mp3 player. Please help me to make my mp3 player work. Regards, Ajit

Giving proper 30 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

How do I give proper notice to a month to month tenant to vacate an apt in buffalo ny?

Giving up rights to a child [ 3 Answers ]

:D when a father gives up his rights, does he still have to pay child support? Is that the law in Illinois?

View more questions Search