Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dillon100 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Security settings
    When I try to download something like antivirus software my computer won't all me to because it says the publisher is unknown and there is no digital signature, how do I stop it from doing this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Only download software from trusted sources.
    Jaxmidway Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon100
    when i try to download something from the internet my computer won't let me because the publisher is unknown and there is no digital signature, how do i stop it from doing this?
    Hi Dillion,
    Normally this can be controlled through your security settings.. try to change them to medium or moderate, and then restart your computer. Sometimes just lowing the setting slightly will allow you more freedom. Be careful though... the lower your setting, the more susceptible to viruses you become.
    Jaxmidway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security Settings? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to download another Anti-virus but I am getting a "Security Alert". It says"Your current settings do not allow this file to be downloaded". I am using Windows XP and do not know what I have to change to allow this download. Please advise.

Settings [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP on a Dell 2400. When I open a web page it only fills half of my desktop and I have to click in top righthand corner to enlarge it. Is there a setting which open the page fullscreen immediately?

Security settings [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't seem to view pages when I click on pages for shopping or other sites that redirects me to a secure site. Anyone know how to fix the problem? Currently explorer is in 128 encription and all security settings in internet explorer option is selected (SSL, etc) and I can surf the web...

Monitor Settings [ 1 Answers ]

Hey hey! I was just wondering if, using windows XP, there is a way to set my colour scheme to simply black and white? Thank you. :eek:

Display Settings. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem changing my screen area size and colors on my display settings. The current color settings are 16 colors, and the screen size is 640 x 480. I've tried changing them both, and then a screen pops up and says that Windows must restart before the new settings take...

View more questions Search