Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blantyre_bhoy_67 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2005, 02:56 PM
    MSN.messenger 7.5 Arrggghhhh
    Been having problems with this recently , Tried all sorts of stuff but still cannot get logged in . :mad:
    A recent response from Microsoft suggested I try the following, which I did and it worked , :D That is until the next time I logged on and back to square one, Tried to go through the whole thing again but without success. :eek:

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting MSN Messenger Technical Support. My name is Duke and I will be glad to assist you with your concern.

Based on the information that I received, I understand that you are having problems signing in to MSN Messenger for the last 3 days. You mentioned that you tried running some troubleshooting steps. You disabled your firewall and even cleared your SSL cache but still nothing seems to work.

I understand how frustrating this can be especially when things like this happen in times you wanted to communicate with family and friends. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Ricky, although you mentioned having another error code in some occasions when you sign in to MSN Messenger, the following steps that I will provide is applicable to both issues.

When you try to sign in to MSN Messenger, you may receive one of the following error messages:

1. "Signing in to .NET Messenger Service failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Click the Help button to check the current service status."
    2. "We were unable to sign you in to the .NET Messenger service, possibly because of a problem with your Internet connection. Please try again later."
    3. "Sorry, we are unable to sign you into the .NET Messenger service at this time. Please try again later."
    4. "Sorry, we could not sign you in because the sign-in name you entered does not exist or your password is incorrect. If you have forgotten your password, please click Help in the main Messenger window, and then click Help Topics for instructions on resetting your password."
    5. "We could not sign you in to MSN Messenger because there is a problem with your .NET Passport. Click OK to learn more at the .NET Passport Web site."

The following conditions may apply:

1. The Microsoft Passport Network settings are incorrect.
    2. Firewall settings are blocking MSN Messenger.
    3. Security settings are blocking MSN Messenger.
    4. Your date and time settings may be incorrect.
    5. An anti-spyware program or an antivirus program may be conflicting with MSN Messenger.
    6. You are trying to sign in with an incorrect password or e-mail address.

Try the following solutions in the order that they are listed:

1. Use the Connection Troubleshooter to fix the problem. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

a. Start MSN Messenger.
    b. Click "Tools," and then "Options."
    c. Click Connection, and then click Test to the right of the appropriate connection type
    d. Follow the steps in the Connection Troubleshooter to identify and fix the sign-in issues.

2. Verify whether MSN Messenger is blocked by a firewall. Visit http://webmessenger.msn.com/ to sign in to Web Messenger. Click "Start Web Messenger," and verify whether you can sign in. If you can sign in to Web Messenger, MSN Messenger may be blocked by a firewall. If the computer is running third-party (non-Microsoft) software or firewall software, such as ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security, or McAfee, make sure that the software is set to let MSN Messenger operate, and then try to sign in to MSN Messenger again. Visit http://messenger.msn.com/help/issues.aspx for information about the most common firewalls.

3. Adjust the proxy settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Start Internet Explorer.
    b. On the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options."
    c. Click the "Connections" tab, and then click "LAN Settings."
    d. Clear the 'Automatically detect settings" check box.
    e. Click "OK" two times.

4. Clear the proxy settings in MSN Messenger. To do this, follow these steps.

a. Start MSN Messenger 7.5.
    b. On the " two times.

4. Clear the proxy settings in MSN Messenger. To do this, follow these steps.

a. Start MSN Messenger 7.5.
    b. On the " menu, click " menu, click "
    c. Click on Connection and then click the Advanced Settings button.
    d. Delete the entries under SOCKS
    g. Click "OK" two times, to save the settings.

Note: If MSN Messenger v 7.5 is connecting through port 80 then it uses the proxy settings in Internet Explorer to connect to the Messenger service. Hence changes to HTTP proxy settings will have to be made through Internet Explorer.

5. Adjust the Microsoft Internet Explorer security settings:

b. On the "
    c. Click on Connection and then click the Advanced Settings button.
    d. Delete the entries under SOCKS
    g. Click " menu, click" Internet Options," two times, to save the settings.

Note: If MSN Messenger v 7.5 is connecting through port 80 then it uses the proxy settings in Internet Explorer to connect to the Messenger service. Hence changes to HTTP proxy settings will have to be made through Internet Explorer.

5. Adjust the Microsoft Internet Explorer security settings:

b. On the "Advanced" menu, click"Security" and then click the "Check for server certificate revocation" tab.
    c. In the "Use SSL 2.0" section, verify the following settings:

-Clear the "Use SSL 3.0" check box.
    -Select the "OK" check box.
    -Select the "Start," check box.

d. Click "Run," to close the window.
    e. Reregister SSL security libraries. To do this, click "DllRegisterServer succeeded" message. Wait until you receive this message before you continue to the next command.

- Type %windir%\system32\REGSVR32 softpub.dll, and then press ENTER.
    - Type %windir%\system32\REGSVR32 wintrust.dll, and then press ENTER.
    - Type %windir%\system32\REGSVR32 initpki.dll, and then press ENTER.

f. Clear the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) state and the AutoComplete history:

- Start Internet Explorer.
    - On the " click " menu, click "Internet Options," and then follow the steps for the operating system that you are using.

Note: After each command is executed successfully, you will receive a "Content" message. Wait until you receive this message before you continue to the next command.

- Type %windir%\system32\REGSVR32 softpub.dll, and then press ENTER.
    - Type %windir%\system32\REGSVR32 wintrust.dll, and then press ENTER.
    - Type %windir%\system32\REGSVR32 initpki.dll, and then press ENTER.

f. Clear the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) state and the AutoComplete history:

- Start Internet Explorer.
    - On the "Certificates," menu, click "Clear SSL State." and then click the "OK." tab.
    - Under "invalid username or password" click "81000303" error message, make sure that you are using the correct user name and password to sign in to MSN Messenger. To verify that you can log on to any site by using the same credentials, visit http://www.passport.com. Click "
    - When you receive the message that states that the SSL cache was successfully cleared, click " If you are successfully signed in, you will see the "

6. Verify that the date and time settings on your computer are correct by clicking on the time in the system tray.

7. Try to sign in to MSN Messenger again.

8. If you have any anti-spyware programs that are running, try to disable them, and then verify that you can sign in to MSN Messenger. If you can sign in to MSN Messenger, contact the software manufacturer or see the software documentation to determine how to fix the conflicting issue.

9. If you receive an " button. If this step does not work, try to change or reset your password. To do this, visit http://memberservices.passport.net/default.srf/. If this method works, continue to make sure that the same user e-mail address and password are being used to log on to MSN Messenger. To make sure that you are using the correct credentials in MSN Messenger, follow these steps:

a. In the MSN Messenger sign-in window, uncheck Remember my password to enable the Password box.
    b. Enter the correct password in the Password box
    c. Check Remember my password to store the updated password.
    d. Check Sign me in automatically to enable automatic sign into Messenger.

10. If you still cannot log on to MSN Messenger, the .NET Messenger Service may be temporarily unavailable. Wait several minutes, and then try to sign in again. Or, visit http://messenger.msn.com/status.aspx to find out the status of the server.

Ricky, I hope the steps given will help resolve you MSN Messenger sign in issue.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us through http://support.msn.com. You may also visit http://messenger.msn.com/Help for more information.

Thank you for contacting MSN Messenger Technical Support. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Duke
    MSN Messenger Technical Support

I am now getting error 80072efd and 80048820 :mad:

ANY IDEAS FOLKS
    PAUL2612 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2005, 04:15 PM
    Hi Try This
    Click START>RUN and type the following

Regsvr32 softpub.dll Wintrust.dll Initpki.dll Rsaenh.dll Mssip32.dll Cryptdlg.dll

Then press ENTER.

If you use Windows XP you should open another run window after running the previous commands then type the following command:

Regsvr32 Dssenh.dll Gpkcsp.dll Slbcsp.dll Sccbase.dll

And press ENTER again.That should solve the problem took me 2 days of searching Google to find that but I had the same problem. By thew way this is a very interesting web site where I found the help

http://www.msn-problems.com/solve-ms...enger-problem/

Hope this sorted your problem.
    blantyre_bhoy_67 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2005, 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the assistance I will give it a try and once again my thanks :)
    badge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 12:45 PM
    Any 1 help
    I won't to run 2 msn messengers but I won't to latest 1's so I won't to run 7.5 twice so I can use 2 email addresses

Any help me plzz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MSN messenger [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Is there a way to automatically remove/uninstall MSN messenger from Windows 9x every time it is installed in a school environment?

Msn messenger [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway that you can get msn messenger for the psp? :cool:

Block MSN Messenger [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to stop MSN messenger from working on a PC? I have found many articles that say they can stop it but they only seem to stop Windows Messenger. I know I can just uninstall it but then it can just as easily be re-installed. I would also prefer to be able to block it without...

MSN Messenger OR Yahoo Messenger [ 3 Answers ]

Which do you prefer?

MSN Messenger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use windows XP Home and IE 6. I also use MSN Messenger 4.7 and have been trying to download MSN Messenger 5.0 by saving the download to a folder on my hard drive but every time it says it is MSN 4.7 and not 5.0 I hope someone can explain why this happens and what I can do about it. ...

View more questions Search