Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ally123 Posts: 57, Reputation: 5

Sep 3, 2007, 07:30 AM
    My iPod went through the washer
    OK so my iPod sort of went through the washer machine and doesn't work anymore and I have I tunes and my question is that if I get a new iPod could I just plug it in to my computer so it can load all the songs and stuff that was on my other iPod or would I have to start all over ?

Ally
    blaze5874 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 11, 2007, 04:46 PM
    First of all. Wait a few days. You may be lucky and be able to save the IPOD. Sometimes the components will still work after going through the wash. Otherwise, I'm not really sure how it works with iTunes and such, not sure enough to tell you to go get a new one and expect it to work anyway.
    ally123 Posts: 57, Reputation: 5

Sep 12, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Hmm well thanks
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 02:37 AM
    Yeah, wait until the iPod is nice and dry plug it in and if it works you are lucky, but if it doesn't then you can take it to your local repair shop and might be able to save the data.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Benn and Blaze have given the official apple line so it must be good advice. If the headphones were in you stand an even better chance of it working again.

You will be able to save your library anyway. I copied all of my brother's to avoid having to reburn all the CDs, can't remember how now. I think I copied them from one hard drive to another as files and then had the new I tunes search for them and reformat them again as itunes files. This could be wrong I have a terrible memory but if it turns out your iPod is dead I'll ask my friends and work out how I did it properly.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 04:19 AM
    Don't deliberately warm it up to dry it off. Just keep it somewhere at room temperature for several days.

Water doesn't damage electronics on its own, it gets damaged by the short circuits when you turn it on when there's water in it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ipod [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble trying to figure out what generation iPod I have?

Gb on an iPod [ 2 Answers ]

Hey people I was hoping you could help me... So I was wondering I have 3.6 gb on my iPod and I would love to know how many songs that fits... help me:P

Ipod [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to remove songs from my iPod but nothing seems to work so I was wondering if anyone could direct me on how to remove the songs from my iPod.

IPod Charge [ 4 Answers ]

How do I know when my iPod is done charging? Does the blinking light turn green or something?

View more questions Search