Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2007, 07:00 AM
    How to Find Someone Without Having to Pay or Subscribe
    My uncle (mom's brother) abandoned his family almost 35 years ago. Through the last several years, my parents and I have been making an on and off effort to find him. We had tried Ancestry.com, but can't get at any information without buying a subscription, which we don't want to do. We're not even sure he's still alive, but all we want is closure, to have an idea of what happened to him. Several years ago we found a death record from Hawaii online, sent for the death certificate and received a letter back stating they had no such record. Any ideas on how we can find out what happened to him without having to pay or subscribe to anything?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Without experts to do it for you, I doubt whether you will be able to do it satisfactoryily. I know some people have been found by using Facebook and I know it is fairly recent technology, but maybe you could find some worthwhile leads.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    without experts to do it for you, I doubt whether you will be able to do it satisfactoryily. I know some people have been found by using facebook and I know it is fairly recent technology, but maybe you could find some worthwhile leads.

I agree with tickle,
    If you have the time and energy, maybe you could try libraries,internet listings of your uncle's name,sometimes yellow pages or white pages of certain states/cities are helpful.

And after finding people of the same name there is the work of calling up each person to check if that is your uncle or not.

When you really think of all the work involved it is easier with experts working on it (if you can afford it), also they would know where to look and they have contacts to help their search.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiechika05
    Any ideas on how we can find out what happened to him without having to pay or subscribe to anything?
    Hello blondie:

Nope!

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. If you REALLY want to find out what happened, hire a private investigator.

excon
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2007, 09:08 AM
    I found an address that shows the right birthdate and age... but no phone number or e-mail address. I tried whitepages.com, that turned up nothing... any further ideas?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Try any public internet forums from that city... there maybe someone who knows the name..
    Harvey1955 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Sep 4, 2007, 04:34 AM
    On the on-line version of our local newspaper there is a link named guestbook, where people post just such type of questions, maybe you could take a look at that option, just maybe someone has knowledge of him. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant on lease with option refusing to pay rent. Hand delivered 5 day pay or quit. [ 4 Answers ]

Property is located in Virginia. The tenant signed lease agreement and option agreement. The rent is $1000 monthly and the option is paid separately at $200 monthly. The rental agreement states tenant is responsible for repairs per incident up to $500. The blower motor went out on Heat pump...

Continued to receive pay after termination, can't find precedent [ 14 Answers ]

Ive got an interesting situation on my hands that I can't find precedent for anywhere. In early October I quit a job with a local call center. I had just finished my third week and quit without notice. Some time later I realize while viewing my bank account statement online that they have...

Continued to receive pay after I quit, can't find precedent [ 1 Answers ]

Ive posted this issue in a few different places, not certain which applies best. Ive got an interesting situation on my hands that I can't find precedent for anywhere. In early October I quit a job with a local call center. I had just finished my third week and quit without notice. Some time...

View more questions Search