Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Sep 3, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Blood sugar
    Does your blood sugar lever change during pregnancy?
    The reason I ask is because before becoming pregnant I was addicted to sweets. Now that I am pregnant sweets don't appeal to me like they use to. However, the other night we went to a friend's house to watch a football game. While I was there I ate more sweets than my body is use to having lately. Later that night I paid dearly as I literally tossed my cookies. I have thrown up a few time during this pregnancy but nothing like this. I am wondering if eating the sweets is what made me get so sick. Before pregnancy my body could have handled eating those sweets.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Your blood sugar should remain within normal limits during pregnancy. However, this is why the doc does a GD (gestational diabetes) test as some women tend to get diabetic in pregnancy.

Now, I doubt that this is what caused your vomiting. Neither high nor low sugar tends to cause vomiting. Most likely it was something totally unrelated.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Diabetics can crave sweets when their blood sugar is too high. The sad part is, they are getting no nourishment and the blood sugar goes higher. I can't call this particular problem, but unexperienced, I might think that gestational diabetes is possible, especially if diabetes runs in the family. It's just too co-incidental.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Sep 3, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Unfortunately, I have no idea about the medical side of things but I did go through the same thing you did only mine was with chocolate. Pre pregnancy I was an avid chocolate eater but when I became pregnant, I wanted nothing to do with it. Not wanting to be governed by my cravings however, I decided to have a chocolate drink. Well I couldn't throw it up fast enough and worse still, nothing stayed down after that unless it was water. As you can imagine, chocolates are now off the menu until these kids arrive. I'm not saying that its definitely the same for you, I'm just suggesting that sometimes it is best to listen to our bodies and you may want to keep sweets to the bare minimum.
    I wish you all the best hun.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Sep 3, 2007, 10:48 AM
    I don't think it has anything to do with your sugar. Sounds to me like simple pregnancy cravings and aversions. I am a coffee lover, and have only drank decaff for a few years now. In the early parts of this pregnancy coffee made me feel like I needed to vomit if I had even a sip. Eventually that changed and I can now drink my coffee again. I still have to be in the mood for it, but I no longer have that aversion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wack blood sugar level [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am Type 2 Diadetes. My Fasting blood Sugar is 6.5 to 8.00 on North American scale. However The problem is If consume anything Sweet like Cake or Chocalate in Night. My Fasting is Normal ( Under 6.5). But if I rigrously follow my meal plan it shoots up to 9 or 10 My docter says...

Blood sugar [ 1 Answers ]

What is the ideal blood sugar level

Blood Sugar Good or Bad? [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if I needed to go get checked out about this. I was at my Nana's, she's diabetic, not blood related, she pricked my finger for curiosity and it was 4.7. I just had some dinner: pork chops, potatoes, asparagus, salad and a glass of wine. She said it was low, that it should be...

Blood sugar [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, My mom says she had really high blood sugar. She is way beyond normal. She has been dieting n trying to loss weight since she is fat n she thinks it will help her. Please can u give me some reasons for why her sugar keeps going high. She is a nurse and she herself doesn't know the...

Weird Blood Sugar Levels [ 13 Answers ]

I was diagnosed pre-diabetic last year. My 2 hour GTT was 187 mg. I was not told what to do, so when I had symptoms of hypoglycemia, I ate sugar. My symptoms are Shakiness, Lighted head, Sweaty, Irritable, Vision blurry and darker, Hearing decrease, Nervousness, Confusion. Eating lots of sugar...

View more questions Search