Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rym Rytr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2005, 12:40 PM
    Best Laptop for...
    I use Dragon Speaking Naturally, and need at least 500 MHz. I also have a preference for something light, as I travel/write, and word processing is my main desire. I want something with a screen size around 10 or 11 inches. Sound Blaster (clone) is recommended. A (built-in) CDrw/DVD would be nice also. And of course, USB Port(s) as I use Flash Drives and Airlink for WIFI (or internal wifi)... open to suggestions. Thank you for your time.
    Warren aka Rym Rytr
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 8, 2005, 02:00 PM
    Sony and Avertec have models that are very small that will fit most of your requirements. Next up would be HP, with some models that are slightly larger.
    Rym Rytr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2005, 04:12 PM
    Reply and Thanks
    Either Sony or Avertec better than the other? I've had a diminished opinion of HP, over the years... :) But if the price was right. Maybe I'll check eBay too.

Anyone else have input.
    Thanks again.
    Warren
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 8, 2005, 04:13 PM
    HP makes some very good machines and their support has improved greatly.

Avertec is an off brand, I would be more inclinded to go with Sony.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop battery [ 7 Answers ]

Have a new laptop. Can anyone tell me the proper way to use the battery wisely. Should it be removed while not in use? Run completely down before recharging etc.

Which laptop [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am Claire, I want a laptop for making home movies and I want to know what is the best one to get. I want good graphics, large memory and very portable. Any advice would be great. Thanks

New laptop [ 6 Answers ]

I just purchased a laptop a couple of months ago. I have been using a dialup to connect to the net. I was wondering if I could use my cell phone to connect by just attaching it to my laptop and dialing out?

Which laptop? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to purchase a laptop, most probably used,but I haven't a clue how to begin knowing which one is best. I've tried a few of my friend's but I am still not sure what to look for. I'm not going to be doing anything fancy, like desktop publishing, but I would like to be able to see DVDs, and...

View more questions Search