Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hitch21 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 10:46 PM
    He doesn't call me
    I have to force him or ask him over and over to call me. I don't understand why he doesn't call. I really don't know what to do anymore because I don't know what he is up to or where he goes or how he is doing. If I call, it will take a few calls before he calls me. I keep telling him that it is pissing me off and bothering me and he keeps saying he will change but nothing has changed.
    What should I do, how can I make him understand how much it is affecting me and our relationship
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Back off, give him space and stop calling him. Leave him alone for a while so that he has to chase you. Find other things to do with your time that don't include him.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 09:14 AM
    I have to force him or ask him over and over to call me.
    That's already a mistake you are making during a relationship. There are smarter ways to make him call you and if you FORCE him to do that, you are not giving him enough respect.
    I understand what you concern, but try to find another way to communicate and back off for now.
    It's good to keep some distance, make him feel that you are a jewel, he has to win you.;)
    x2scorp Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Sep 3, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Ahh cat and mouse games. Make yourself very unreachable to him. He will get curious and call.
    Hitch21 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 06:54 PM
    I know I should... its just very hard for me right now, I neeed to get a lot of my chesst, we've been arguing, and I just want to end things... I don't want to disappear just to get his attention... I just want to talk to him and get things taken care of
    Cher13 Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2007, 03:58 PM
    I know exactly how you feel... everyone says to give him space and there probably right, but its hard, why should you half to go into hidding for your boyfriend to give you a call back, I'm sorry I have no answer for you but just wanted to let you know your not alone in that battel
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Reading your other questions, I wonder why your still in a relationship with this guy. It doesn't sound healthy or happy from the things you've written. I think you would be better off going to get your stuff, and finding someone who fullfills your needs better.
    sarahjan Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 6, 2007, 01:34 PM
    I know exactly how you feel I go through the same problem I would say men will never appreciate a woman and her feelings I swear I fell the same as you my boyfriends does the same stupid things will may God guide them the right way but I think we girls should ignore them for a while and see what happens because I think they think we are desperate for them I know it is very difficult not to call or just leave the relationship as it is but I guess we don't have any other choice
    Sad Soul Posts: 177, Reputation: 40

Oct 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Why should he start to answer your calls or to even call you, when you seem to allow this? I mean, you haven't left him. He knows he can get away with this... so why does he need to change again?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Someone who has to be forced into giving you attention - what is wrong with that picture? He is not there because he wants to be, he is not there because he loves you or respects you or desires your company. Do you see what is wrong with this guy?

Can you see how absolutely destructive this is to yourself esteem/self image/ego? Why do you think you deserve to be treated like he treats you? What has happened to you, in your past, that causes you to set yourself up for this kind of pain and humiliation from him?

I truly believe you need some professional help. You have got to have some inner issues that you may not even be aware of, on the conscious level. But my dear girl, you deserve so much better for yourself. So much better and this guy is not that. This guy is in the gutter and you need to be reaching for the stars. He is not going to be there to help you.

I do not mean to be harsh, just honest. Give yourself some credit for knowing that the ways things are, are not the way they should be. Seek some counseling and get your head put back together. Do not contact him ever again. Do not call him, do not email him, do not stop by his place, or ever talk to his friends. Just eliminate any contact for at least a month. You can do that. Mark it on a calendar. One day at a time.

If he calls you, do not answer right now. You are not strong enough to handle that. Please go and find a good person to talk to; a counselor, a pastor, someone you trust to hold your confidences. Good luck to you.
    shannenkatherine Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2007, 06:02 PM
    I personally think that you really should play hard to get . He's going to get back to you when he feels your not interested. It is kind of hard to back off but it's the best thing to do for better relationship trust me =) *
    GeniusfromGeniusHell Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Oct 7, 2007, 06:33 PM
    We chase what runs, and run from what chases. Human nature sucks. However, the cat and mouse game is only healthy at the onset of a relationship when you are establishing boundaries. If he still acts that way after the relationship is well under way, getting him to chase you will only temporarily solve the problem that is his lack of interest.

Decide whether he has a good reason for his actions without deluding yourself, and then decide if you want to keep going the way you have been. Sounds like you aren't happy that way, and so... I try not to give concrete decision advice. Just be honest with yourself.
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Oct 7, 2007, 06:43 PM
    I went through the same thing and it is so so true..
    Ignore him and trust me he will come running...
    I used to ring and message my ex all the time and hardly got a reply
    As soon as I stopped he got the picture and got his friend to call me up to asking if I wanted to go see the monster trucks. I said yes and yeah
    Just give it time he'll be running back in no time trust me it is hard very hard but you have to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

I think she likes me but she doesn't call. [ 7 Answers ]

So I met this girl at a party and she gave me her number without me even asking for it. Well, I was interested and called her and we went out last weekend to the movies with another couple. So I called her two days after the date and we talked for like an hour. I have called her before the date a...

HE doesn't call at all.its so annoying [ 2 Answers ]

Hey evryone! Well I'm new here, and so far I love this site :D well I'm 16, and me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 months and like a week or something like that. And he is a relli nice, shy and a relli good guy. But latly its he's been bothering me like crazyyy, like we don't see each...

Does he or doesn't he? [ 66 Answers ]

About 6 months ago my fiancée, told me he fancied a friend of ours - I took it very much to heart, he promised nothing nothing every happened he said he told me because he wanted to be totally honest with me. So I've accepted that and moved on and I also learnt to respect his honesty. Anyway.. 2...

View more questions Search