Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clarencerx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2005, 06:06 AM
    I still love my ex-girlfriend... someone help me..
    Hi everyone,

I am a 15 years old boy.I broke up wit my girlfriend last year end.I still love her!I can't stop thinking of her!I tried hooking up wit few new girls,but,I still miss my ex!! can anyone help me?

Thankz
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2005, 06:53 AM
    This is not the answer you probably want to hear but... get over it. Breaking up and heartbreak are a part of growing up and maturing. How you choose to deal with it tells a lot about yourself: self-confidence, life experience, toughness, sensitivity, etc...

It going to happen. You don't marry the first girl you date. You date a bunch of different people and that helps form your view of the right person for you.

Now get out there and get a hobby, sport, do your homework, etc..
    Clarencerx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2005, 09:51 PM
    Thx for replying so fast!I'll try my best 2 do it!and thanks for your reply
    beme Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2005, 03:46 PM
    Hey
    Don't get over it if you still love her maybe there is another chance between you guys ask her out again if says no kiss her to see if there is any sparks
    beme Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2005, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beme
    dont get over it if you still love her maybe there is another chance between you guys ask her out again if says no kiss her to see if there is any sparks
    so try it out see how it goes
    maxgrl242 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2005, 02:01 PM
    Follow your heart
    i think you should follow your heart, it knows better than your head. if you still really like her, tell her how you feel. i wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do. :)
    Wowzers Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2005, 06:27 AM
    Whoa
    That's really hard.. dunno what to say. Just try to forget her. The same thing happened to me... I'm 15 and my boyfriend and I just broke up. I kind of always think of him, but I already got my eyes4 set on someone else at school.
    Feel Better ;)
    Beenkie Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2005, 12:16 PM
    Why you break up with her? If you love her then why'd u do that? But anyway, try to talk to her and tell her how you feel because maybe she feels the same

Love,
    Beenks
    klassik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 10:27 AM
    How can I get her bavk
    I went out with my ex we she still did love me... I ask her to dance she said no... she was dancing with this other dude I look on it got me mad watching the one I love and care for so mush there doing that I started to cry and trimbling I push her I went out side and was crying she started beating me up I stand there and took it now she don't want to talk to me what to do ?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 2, 2005, 07:20 PM
    To All Of You Young People, Please Read - Then You Can Get Mad At Me...
    All of you might get mad at first, but 'hear' me out, then if you need to, chew me out and tell me where to go, but read this finished, please.

OK, I was going to stay out of this one because when I first read this thread, I thought I was reading stuff written by elementary school kids who wanted to act like grown-ups. I still have not changed my mind on this feeling because when I see your spelling and grammar, not to mention your childish answers, it makes me wonder what you pay attention to in school. Now, please don't take the following the wrong way, I have nothing to gain by making you mad at me and I just mean to help you out a little bit here, so listen up, please...

First, Clarencerx - your are 15, this is your ex, so you 'broke up' when you were 14!! and you've tried to hook up with other girls but can't forget her?? Get used to it, you will probably be rejected a few more times until you grow up. What interests you in school well enough to look forward to learning so that you can make plans to have a decent future before you can have a responsible relationship and keep it? What kind of job do you plan on striving for? Do you even plan on finishing school? These are the things you should be concentrating on, NOT being rejected by a girl who you will probably have forgotten a few years down the road. Plus, if you have thought of sex and experimented in this already with her without being safe, you just might not even have a future, with all the diseases and maybe even a poor baby out of this fantasy of yours. Please come on back to reality and get some education and grow up. There will be time for girls when you wake up and face the real world - then you will be ready for it.

Second, beme - you are just as young and sparks in a kiss should be the last thing you should give advice on, as you are just a child yourself and have watched too much TV and forgotten about your studies and real future yourself. Do you also plan on finishing school, or plan on having one visit to the OB/GYN doctor after another because you discovered something in your life we all do (and yes it feels good, but you are too young!), but not going crazy or addicted to sex without mature emotions, while growing up to be productive members of society and staying healthy. With a signature of 'hottie was here' you are on the wrong path to any healthy permanent relationship.

Third - Maxgrl242 - you are 13, and you want to seriously advise someone to 'follow their heart'. Honey, at your age, the heart is the last thing involved between a girl and a boy. It's realizing your newly found sexuality, that's all, and it should be handled as a treasure and not given away to the next best jerk who makes a compliment. What you advised was what you wished for yourself or heard somewhere and it sounded good. Please get real. Do most of you even know that you are not of legal age... and the only sound advice for you is to stop wanting to grow up so darned fast, because once there, there is no way back to the good old carefree days of fun and no responsibilities and worries.

Fourth - Wowzers - If you did as well in school as you do in your SMS shorthand, you might turn out a winner. But if you are on the 'rebound' at the age of 15, and have your eyes on someone else already, how many boys do you intend to go through before you grow up and meet the right guy - but might be too emotionally and physically messed up to even know it. It might be real cool acting like a grown up, but wait till you get there, you'll wish you were 15 again and had the chance to start all over.

Fifth - Beenkie - how old are you? 13?? How are you doing in school? Dear, you should be having fun being a teen, and also not trying to grow up so fast. Like I said before, once it's gone, you can't go back, and you'll really miss that part of your life if you don't give it a chance. When I was 18, and still not of legal age then, I wished I was 21, until I had to really face reality - and my childhood was spent taking care of two little baby brothers since I was 11 years old. I had no choice and had a real 'cinderella' life and hated every minute. Thank goodness my only 'escape from reality' was time spent in school and my 'drug' was cigarettes (not so good), so I was lucky there. It took me a long time and lots of therapy (in my 30's - so it can really stick to you and mess you up) to get over the bitterness of what I missed. Is this what you want for yourselves??

Last but not least - Klassik - OK, Deon, you chickened out on your age,
    But pushing and being pushed and even being beaten is not cool at all. You actually want a 'dumb broad' who beats you back? Are you that much into pain already? You need to stick to hobbies, friends and girls that will treat you with respect, so that you can gain some self-respect of your own. Otherwise, you'll wind up a wuzz and when things get too bad for you to handle, you'll probably hit someone with a baseball bat with all the anger you'll build up inside. Is that what you want for yourself?

What would your grandmother's say? I'm about her age, and believe it or not, I can relate to every one of your problems, I've been there, done that, and glad I'm out of it. I don't envy this era in which you have to grow up into, but please take life slow and have some fun before you have to face the hard reality of being a grownup. While having this fun, please try and remember that there are dangerous disease out there that you can catch, the wrong people you could meet, and the life you could throw away before it even gets a chance to begin.

Try talking to your parents or grandparents, or do you think that they didn't have the same anxieties growing up as you do now? WRONG!! We also have our memories, so pick our brains and get our advice, you'll be surprised. We mean well, honest - so don't write us off just because we are a little old and serious most of the time. We also had our giggles, heartaches and crushes when we were your age and survived it all.

So, here are a few pointers: go to school, learn basic english, spelling and maybe even enjoy some literature (real stories, not just the TV) join study groups; get into some sports to let out some of that extra energy; make some real friends because those are rare; stay as young and carefree for as long as possible; talk to your parents or grandparents sometimes; or even stay on this forum and talk to some of us 'oldies' - we might surprise you. Just keep one thing in mind, NONE of us mean you any harm and are serious about helping you grow and develop into good, caring young people because you are our future.

Also make sure that you treat people with respect - that way you get it back and more. You can keep your dreams and hopes, but keep at least one foot on the ground so that you will not fall so hard. Don't worry about a little rejection, as it never killed anyone and makes you stronger.
    Gosh, I sound like a coach on a sports team right now, but I bet you know very well what I'm trying to tell you - so go out there and start living, and keep both eyes open without those rose-colored glasses, OK? I wish each and every one of you all the best and a happy future, just don't rush it.
    P.S. We all do this on our free time and really appreciate feedback if our answers/advice helped or not, please click the Rate This Post link located on the blue date line above our names on the right side, next to the number of the post, click on Approve or Disapprove, and give a comment. Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2005, 08:03 PM
    AAHH Youth
    Chery-I can't give you a rating but thanks for telling the kids the truth.I've had these conversation with my own over the years, but they won't get it for years.You just keep talking to them until it sinks in.(hopefully) :) ;) :rolleyes:
    klassik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2005, 05:00 AM
    Should I be her friend
    Should I be her friend ? Are not, she has move on I want to do the same but she is all I ever wanted when she is around her new boyfriend she does not want to talk to me she hangs up but when she is alone she talks to me as if she was hiddin something what to do ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2005, 07:51 AM
    Move on!
    I vote you move on and stop bothering this girl. She has obviously made a choice,and It s not you :( If you open your eyes you will probably see a lot more females to rap to and you might get better results :rolleyes: .Seems you young guys fall in love so easily! :confused: There's nothing wrong with it but learn to pick-up the marbles and take your game somewhere else cause this game is over.just accept it,things will be easier on you. ;)
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 3, 2005, 08:15 AM
    Why did you guys break up in the first place?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 3, 2005, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by klassik
    should i be her friend ? are not, she has move on i wanna do the same but she is all i ever wanted wen she is around her new boyfriend she does not want to talk to me she hangs up but wen she is alone she talks to me as if she was hiddin something wat to do ?
    Dear, leave it alone, and go on with your life. You will meet other people and make new friends. She's not hiding anything, she just is going on a new journey in her life and does not want any stress from you or her past, so let it be. Like I said before, life goes on and you are still young, so move on and live your life and stop looking back. Wish you lots of luck.
    Look forward, not back!
    Gizzmo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    All of you might get mad at first, but 'hear' me out, then if you need to, chew me out and tell me where to go, but read this finished, please.

OK, I was going to stay out of this one because when I first read this thread, I thought I was reading stuff written by elementary school kids who wanted to act like grown-ups. I still have not changed my mind on this feeling because when I see your spelling and grammer, not to mention your childish answers, it makes me wonder what you pay attention to in school. Now, please don't take the following the wrong way, I have nothing to gain by making you mad at me and I just mean to help you out a little bit here, so listen up, please....

First, Clarencerx - your are 15, this is your ex, so you 'broke up' when you were 14!!!, and you've tried to hook up with other girls but can't forget her???? Get used to it, you will probably be rejected a few more times until you grow up. What interests you in school well enough to look forward to learning so that you can make plans to have a decent future before you can have a responsible relationship and keep it? What kind of job do you plan on striving for? Do you even plan on finishing school? These are the things you should be concentrating on, NOT being rejected by a girl who you will probably have forgotten a few years down the road. Plus, if you have thought of sex and experimented in this already with her without being safe, you just might not even have a future, with all the diseases and maybe even a poor baby out of this fantasy of yours. Please come on back to reality and get some education and grow up. There will be time for girls when you wake up and face the real world - then you will be ready for it.

Second, beme - you are just as young and sparks in a kiss should be the last thing you should give advice on, as you are just a child yourself and have watched too much TV and forgotten about your studies and real future yourself. Do you also plan on finishing school, or plan on having one visit to the OB/GYN doctor after another because you discovered something in your life we all do (and yes it feels good, but you are too young!), but not going crazy or addicted to sex without mature emotions, while growing up to be productive members of society and staying healthy. With a signature of 'hottie was here' you are on the wrong path to any healthy permanent relationship.

Third - Maxgrl242 - you are 13, and you want to seriously advise someone to 'follow their heart'. Honey, at your age, the heart is the last thing involved between a girl and a boy. It's realizing your newly found sexuality, that's all, and it should be handled as a treasure and not given away to the next best jerk who makes a compliment. What you advised was what you wished for yourself or heard somewhere and it sounded good. Please get real. Do most of you even know that you are not of legal age... and the only sound advice for you is to stop wanting to grow up so darned fast, because once there, there is no way back to the good old carefree days of fun and no responsibilities and worries.

Fourth - Wowzers - If you did as well in school as you do in your SMS shorthand, you might turn out a winner. But if you are on the 'rebound' at the age of 15, and have your eyes on someone else already, how many boys do you intend to go through before you grow up and meet the right guy - but might be too emotionally and physically messed up to even know it. It might be real cool acting like a grown up, but wait till you get there, you'll wish you were 15 again and had the chance to start all over.

Fifth - Beenkie - how old are you? 13??? How are you doing in school? Dear, you should be having fun being a teen, and also not trying to grow up so fast. Like I said before, once it's gone, you can't go back, and you'll really miss that part of your life if you don't give it a chance. When I was 18, and still not of legal age then, I wished I was 21, until I had to really face reality - and my childhood was spent taking care of two little baby brothers since I was 11 years old. I had no choice and had a real 'cinderella' life and hated every minute. Thank goodness my only 'escape from reality' was time spent in school and my 'drug' was cigarettes (not so good), so I was lucky there. It took me a long time and lots of therapy (in my 30's - so it can really stick to you and mess you up) to get over the bitterness of what I missed. Is this what you want for yourselves???

Last but not least - Klassik - OK, Deon, you chickened out on your age,
    but pushing and being pushed and even being beaten is not cool at all. You actually want a 'dumb broad' who beats you back?? Are you that much into pain already? You need to stick to hobbies, friends and girls that will treat you with respect, so that you can gain some self-respect of your own. Otherwise, you'll wind up a wuzz and when things get too bad for you to handle, you'll probably hit someone with a baseball bat with all the anger you'll build up inside. Is that what you want for yourself?.

What would your grandmother's say? I'm about her age, and believe it or not, I can relate to each and every one of your problems, I've been there, done that, and glad I'm out of it. I don't envy this era in which you have to grow up into, but please take life slow and have some fun before you have to face the hard reality of being a grownup. While having this fun, please try and remember that there are dangerous disease out there that you can catch, the wrong people you could meet, and the life you could throw away before it even gets a chance to begin.

Try talking to your parents or grandparents, or do you think that they didn't have the same anxieties growing up as you do now? WRONG!!! We also have our memories, so pick our brains and get our advice, you'll be surprised. We mean well, honest - so don't write us off just because we are a little old and serious most of the time. We also had our giggles, heartaches and crushes when we were your age and survived it all.

So, here are a few pointers: go to school, learn basic english, spelling and maybe even enjoy some literature (real stories, not just the TV) join study groups; get into some sports to let out some of that extra energy; make some real friends because those are rare; stay as young and carefree for as long as possible; talk to your parents or grandparents sometimes; or even stay on this forum and talk to some of us 'oldies' - we might surprise you. Just keep one thing in mind, NONE of us mean you any harm and are serious about helping you grow and develop into good, caring young people because you are our future.

Also make sure that you treat people with respect - that way you get it back and more. You can keep your dreams and hopes, but keep at least one foot on the ground so that you will not fall so hard. Don't worry about a little rejection, as it never killed anyone and makes you stronger.
    Gosh, I sound like a coach on a sports team right now, but I bet you know very well what I'm trying to tell you - so go out there and start living, and keep both eyes open without those rose-colored glasses, OK? I wish each and every one of you all the best and a happy future, just don't rush it.
    P.S. We all do this on our free time and really appreciate feedback if our answers/advice helped or not, please click the Rate This Post link located on the blue date line above our names on the right side, next to the number of the post, click on Approve or Disapprove, and give a comment. Thanks

Outstanding advice cherry, but a small tip to the elder. Try not to comment so much on how their doing in life. For example when u comment on how they should be doing in school, how do you know they haven't got outstanding grades, and they just have a relationship problem? Now here me out, I do not mean to offend you in the slightest, I just want to tell you that a lot of people will take offence to those comments and they don't tend to be light on forgiving. Anyway, great advise, I see you put a lot of time and effort into this post and I commend you on it. ;)

-- James Kline
    Gizzmo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 04:14 AM
    Sorry, forgot to add my post to the origonal message. Have you tried talking to her about what your feeling? She might be feeling the same way but doesn't know how to tell you. Try talking to her and letting her know what your feeling inside. But, remember, things don't always turn out for positively. If she doesn't like you then try to be her friend, move on to bigger and better things. Some of the things cherry mentioned are wonderful ideas to get involved into. Something like a study group, or (just a suggestion) a club for teens to get to know each other and make friends in. Try new things. Best of wishes to you mate.

--James Kline // Gizzmo
    geethang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarencerx
    Hi everyone,

I am a 15 years old boy.i broke up wit my girlfriend last year end.I still love her!i can't stop thinking of her!i tried hooking up wit few new girls,but,i still miss my ex!!!can anyone help me?

's had thankz
    I am 46 y/o man, who's had a lot of girlfriends. You are too young to be thinking about one girl. Get out see the world and start dating other girls. As soon as you meet a nice girl you will forget about her. Would you prefer being a father at 15 and you know that means, no hanging out with your friends or other girls. Hope this helps
    Master of Chaos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 05:32 PM
    I am in the Same situation and the key is is you have to look at it objectively no matter what you will see. I know it is hard and you may not want to do it because you will see that you are infatuated but it needs to be done. You may realize she isn't perfect and if she is, and only if she really really is (you may need someone to look at this for you because I know you are subjective) then trek forward. The problem with me is I know she is (just kidding).

Peace, and good luck on your endeavor
    Chiliboy16 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 10:06 PM
    All right we're in the same boat here. I have the same problem. I just try to talk to her and go support her at volleyball games, basketball games(etc.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My old girlfriend... [ 21 Answers ]

Okay so this girl liked me 4 about a year and I had 2 turn her down so many times but when I finally asked her out and liked her back she dumped me after a few weeks I think maybe a month now I think the reason she doesn't like me is cause she likes the fact that I like her and if she did decide...

Ex Girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 16 , and I reside in Delaware, two years ago, I met this girl , when we first met, we didn't really talk, then we became real good friends, and eventually sparked a relationship and it lasted a good 9 months. We was real young and I remember she wanted us to get married and I grew...

My girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know how to make my girlfreind deel special we are both 14 and I need help please I really love her

My girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My girlfriend is a cutter She did in the past, then stopped, then after meeting a friend of hers Who still does she started again. Now I will admit that when I found out I did flip out a bit and I probably shouldn't of but now she won't talk to me, and I have been trying my best to help her...

I still love my ex girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a 14 yr old old guy. I finished with my first love at least 2 months ago. She was incredibly upset. I thought I was fine and have seen other girls since but whenever I didn't have anything distacting me was cronicly depressed. I didn't know y. I am good friends with her now and it has been onli...

View more questions Search