Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terminator05 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 05:02 PM
    I think its harassment
    Here's the thing, I have been getting e-mails from my ex about her wanting to get back together with me, even though I told her I already had a girlfriend. She ignored that, and consistently sends me notes, e-mail, e-mails pictures of her"self" if you know what I mean, and the other day, she even e-mailed a song by avril Lavigne to me called 'Girlfriend' (you'd have to hear it to understand my frustration) I have told her to stop with the e-mails, I have blocked every username she has, but she just creates a new one to e-mail me. A lot of the times, she'll put one of my other friends names in the subject, so I open it up most of the time, I don't know if it IS one of my friends or her. I just want to know, can I file harassment charges, or get a restraining order on her? I mean, how can I stop the e-mails??
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Send her an e-mail asking her to stop and be sure to print a hard copy. If you still have them (in your spam folder or wherever), print hard copies of whatever she's sent you already and whatever requests you've already sent her to leave you alone Then if it continues, apply for a restraining order against her, using the printed e-mails as evidence.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 05:08 PM
    If you don't reply or interact with her in any way, she will tire of this and will stop.

Do not talk, write, email, give messages through mutual friends, or otherwise communicate with her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Sounds as if you have a stalker and the proper authorities should be contacted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Harassment At Work [ 28 Answers ]

I have worked in a dentist office for 5 years. I have grown attached to my patients and most of the people I work with. It isa small practice, about 12 employees. There is a male that I work with who is a bully, lazy, and degrading to women. I have documented incidents with him getting in my...

Harassment /slander [ 1 Answers ]

I had a magazine write a story from my estranged husband, which was all lies, and I'm in court matters with ref him divorce/ injunctions and they gave all my details out in the magazine wher I lived my name pictures! They did not get in contact with myself1 to get my side of anything I feel I'm in...

Sexual harassment [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for my employer over 3 months now and I am tired of the sexual harassment that I get from a couple of employees.It is affecting my job and I really don't like working there any more but I am kind of stuck.If I left,it would be very hard for them to replace me.Should I file charges...

Neighbor harassment [ 2 Answers ]

In a case of credit card debt, when the account has gone to a collection agency, is it legal for them to call the owner of the account's neighbors and discuss the account,etc. with them,on the pretense of being unable to make contact? If not, who can this be reported to?

Sexual harassment [ 21 Answers ]

I have the following question. There was a VOLUNTARY christmas party for the employees of the store I work at and we were not on the timeclock as attendees. One of the supervisors got drunk, and while joking put his hand on the knee of one of the girls he surpervises. He has now been put on a...

View more questions Search